cut out of Mighty Engine Guard II m3614

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an oil change done by a local shop and the put on this filter, I was suprised that it wasn't be the same as the Supertech 3614 which is an Ecore since these are champion labs part numbers.
I change my oil every 3k miles. The shop uses kendall motor oil.
What are your opinions on this filter.
IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

I forgot to mention I have a 99 toyota camry that has the 1mz-fe which have been none to sludge. I change it early just to prevent sludge from forming
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Filter looks good for 6-7k miles OCI for normal driving condition and so is Kendall oil. 3k miles OCI is so 80's.

The newer SN/GF5 dino can easily outperform SJ oil that your car is spec'ed for. You can easily do 5k OCI with SN oil without sludge forming in your engine.

thans for the pics, looks good... wasn't there one or two of the small super techs that were not ecore?

Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The newer SN/GF5 dino can easily outperform SJ oil that your car is spec'ed for. You can easily do 5k OCI with SN oil without sludge forming in your engine.

Yep, this Mighty is likely similar to the Quaker State/Pennzoil 'made fors' by Purolator. Looks like they have switched from Champ. as the supplier. That's why no ecore seen here, as the #3614 Champ made is an ecore.

Good to see Purolator hasn't (yet) followed the trend seen on the economy lines Napa Silver, Auto Extra, and ProSelect of using a combo valve. Wonder how long they will hold out?

This Mighty looks to be a decent filter for 3-5k OCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back