One more time,oil with higher ZDDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I searched but it's a billion results.......Is there a list of available oil brands with higher ZDDP levels? I know about Brad Penn and Gibbs.A local store has Kendall that I use.Kendall Diesel and GT 20/50 have 1200 PPM ZDDP according to Kendalls website.EDIT,the store does not stock Kendall 10-30 Diesel
I'm looking for 10-30 or 10-40 with high zinc and found at most stores for reasonable money.

most oils that have the star rating will comply with the epa's level specify of 800-850ppm.
diesel oils are slowly coming inline as well.
the shell eventually will as well.
Redline does NOT have an API rating, therefore it does cost more, but you get so much for it. They can put 1600ppm and the epa can't say anything to them.

3 UOAs I did earlier this year showed Zinc levels at:

Rotella T 10W-30 1193
Rotella 15W-40 1145
Rotella 15W-40 1051

Or add ZDDP MAXX if you need more.

Originally Posted By: vintageant
3 UOAs I did earlier this year showed Zinc levels at:

Rotella T 10W-30 1193
Rotella 15W-40 1145
Rotella 15W-40 1051

Or add ZDDP MAXX if you need more.

About ZDDP additives....I just read that the latest oils will "wash" out a extra zinc if you add it..Wash it out to where?

Originally Posted By: Truckedup
About ZDDP additives....I just read that the latest oils will "wash" out a extra zinc if you add it..Wash it out to where?

I really don't think that's true. I've used ZDDP additives in the past without any issues.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Mobile 1 10w30 high mile
Rotella t6 5w40
Both have high zddp

I hear Mobil does too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Mobile 1 10w30 high mile
Rotella t6 5w40
Both have high zddp

I hear Mobil does too.
smile.gif

lol thx

Valvoline VR1 is available in 10w30 and 20w50, so you can mix them to make a 40-weight. VR1 is the most available high-zddp oil that is blended primarily for gasoline engines.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Valvoline VR1 is available in 10w30 and 20w50, so you can mix them to make a 40-weight. VR1 is the most available high-zddp oil that is blended primarily for gasoline engines.

it say not street legal ( or off road only, something like that ) , what they mean by that ? i mean what happen if you using it ? I dont see how they going to do to u if u using it, unless u take in for smog test.

Last edited:
There are more than one lines of VR1, the standard one is fine for street machines as it does have the detergents and dispersants needed for daily driving.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

it say not street legal ( or off road only, something like that ) , what they mean by that ? i mean what happen if you using it ? I dont see how they going to do to u if u using it, unless u take in for smog test.

There are 3 versions of Valvoline racing oils:
VR1 conventional, which is their Premium Conventional with extra zddp.
VR1 Synthetic, which is Synpower with extra zddp.
NSL (Not Street Legal), that is a low-detergent, high zddp oil.

The first two are fine to run on the street. I run VR1 conventional in my '72 GMC pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back