M1 Special Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a special mix I started using at the drag strip, and on the track. I've always looked down on mixes, but tried this and was so shocked at the complete absence of wear metals irrespective of hours on the track, or miles on the odom. that I now run it exactly 50/50 in everything I own. The results are better than anything I have seen in all my years on this forum (or anywhere), or that i have ever personally returned. I currently use it in a Lotus 260 (300 wheel hp), C6 Z06 making 800 at the wheels, and an M3 making 550 at the wheels. also used in an EVO 9 making 400, and a 911 Turbo S that runs in the 9's in 100 F. All 5 cars are beat beyond description, absolutely terrorized both on and off track/strip, and all 3 engines return zero wear metals. I can't describe it, don't know, don't care, just wanted to put it out there for whatever it is worth. I've used every oil discussed on this forum and have never gleaned results like this mix. If you look at my history you will see I have tested everything under the sun. I have FINALLY found what I am looking for.... Thank God. Miracle formula, absolute miracle. I never expected perfect results in the M because it specs 10w-60, but even in that application at over 5k hard miles there was no metals present....

50/50 Mobi1 1 R (The new stuff, not the previous trash from a few years back peddled on Ebay and such, that stuff is [censored], not even good for oil hinges) and 50% AFE 0w-20 (but only the newest SN stuff gives the good result, the SM stuff does not make the magic), it is only the combination of these 2, in fact when I have used the Mobil 1 R 0w-50 the results are only ok.

I'm not sharing this for people to pontificate on, in fact, I no longer cruise the forum, I just want to share the fruits of a long expensive testing process, I do not read posts here, and will not reply to any questions.

this is what a precise 50/50 virgin sample looks like, anybody who uses this ratio WILL NOT be disappointed....

Iron 1

Moly 684

Pot 4

Boron 85

Sil 9

NA 2

Cal 1749

Mag 301

Phos 1136

Z 1251

F 395

Last edited:
Quote:
but only the newest SN stuff gives the good result, the SM stuff does not make the magic

I'm looking forward to seeing the SN UOA's.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I run a blend of Red Line Race oil and regular synthetic in all of my street vehicles since 1988. My VOA is about the same of what you got. Ester and high moly is the ticket.

Really nice mix - it 'looks' like Redline!

(I know, I know, it's not even close...but at a glance....)

Got any TBN on this mix?

Originally Posted By: addyguy

Got any TBN on this mix?

He doesn't read the forum and will not respond to questions, he's too special for that. I don't think he cares about TBN as this is for street/racing.

True, but he posted a TBN for his VOA of just AFE 0W-20....thought maybe he got it, but forgot to type it in....

Originally Posted By: addyguy
True, but he posted a TBN for his VOA of just AFE 0W-20....thought maybe he got it, but forgot to type it in....

Good point, we shall see if he blesses us with his presence again to provide the missing information
grin.gif

I've always promoted beefing up PCMO with the m1r4T which is commonly available, but the automobile race oil has high moly that the bike oil doesnt.
-
-
AFA TBN goes you don not want high Ca in the DP for low wear on a race engine. This package has enough CA to go 7k easy on a synthetic as long as the car isnt a short tripper in alaska - which it better not be with this blend in it.

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw
This is a special mix ... The results are better than anything I have seen in all my years on this forum (or anywhere) ... and all 3 engines return zero wear metals. ...
How do you know there is zero wear? Do you do a filter washdown with PC, UOA with PC, and, Teardowns. Just curious.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Which mobil r? 0w 50 or the 0w 30?

I presume this is the M1R 0W-30.

Yes I agree this looks to be a good mix resulting in a light 0W-30 (HTHSV of about 3.0cP) with a 175 VI.

Only problem I have is the cost of the M1 racing oil.
Isn't it something like 18 bucks a quart?

I would actually prefer using M1 0W-50 and blending with the XOM made Toyota 0W-20. I prefer the much higher VIs of these two oils and the higher AW additive content of the Toyota oil vs M1 0W-20.
A 30/70 blend in favour of the Toyota 0W-20 will cost less, achieve the same 3.0cP HTHSV but with a 196 VI.

I believe the OP is using M1R 0W50 and not M1R 0W30 in this special mix as he mentions that "it is only the combination of these 2, in fact when I have used the Mobil 1 R 0w-50 the results are only ok."

On second thought I think John is likely using the M1 0W-50 as the blend will produce a 0W-30 with an HTHSV on par with that of M1R 0W-30 (3.3cP) but with a somewhat higher 180 VI and an additive pack' more suitable for a street engine.

Yes I like the mix. The end result would be similar to Red Line 0w-30. It is of course much lighter than M1 0W-40 (HTHSV 3.8cP) so anyone considering this blend should make sure to maintain adequate oil pressure and if you're seeing high oil temp's you may have to increase the percentage of M1 0W-50.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
On second thought I think John is likely using the M1 0W-50 as the blend will produce a 0W-30 with an HTHSV on par with that of M1R 0W-30 (3.3cP) but with a somewhat higher 180 VI and an additive pack' more suitable for a street engine.

Yes I like the mix. The end result would be similar to Red Line 0w-30. It is of course much lighter than M1 0W-40 (HTHSV 3.8cP) so anyone considering this blend should make sure to maintain adequate oil pressure and if you're seeing high oil temp's you may have to increase the percentage of M1 0W-50.

From his quote "in fact when I have used the Mobil 1 R 0w-50 the results are only ok" I think he's talking about Mobil 1 0/30.
I'm going to mix two qt's(one 0/20 and one 0/30 racing oil)to see if its close to his VOA.

ROD

He quotes the KV100 spec' for the mix at 11.15cSt.
Since M1 R 0W-30 has a KV100 of 11.5cSt it can't be a 50/50 blend with that or the net figure would not be over 10cSt.

It's an interesting blend but contrary to what John claims it's not magic.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I would actually prefer using M1 0W-50 and blending with the XOM made Toyota 0W-20. I prefer the much higher VIs of these two oils and the higher AW additive content of the Toyota oil vs M1 0W-20.
A 30/70 blend in favour of the Toyota 0W-20 will cost less, achieve the same 3.0cP HTHSV but with a 196 VI.

Or, for a MUCH higher VI (and possibly a better add pack??), albeit 'cost no object', how about the M1R 0W-50 and the Sustina 0W-20 in a 40/60, or 30/70 blend??
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back