Mobil 1 high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldM1guide.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Wonder why the 10W30 isn`t SN rated and the 10W40 is?

Additive levels too high for an xw30 to be SN.

I`ll say this,it`s some smooooooooth running oil! Much better than the regular 10W30 and 15W50 (I`ve used both).

I`ll say this,it`s some smooooooooth running oil! Much better than the regular 10W30 and 15W50 (I`ve used both).

Agreed - M1 HM SN 10W-40 is the smoothest oil I've run so far in my Pathfinder - can't tell the engine is on at idle!

I've been running the M1 High Mileage 10W40 in my Jeep for a few months/2K miles since I stopped running my old favorite, Rotella T6. I have noticed the M1 HM has quieted down the piston slap, and in general the engine seems quieter, especially when idling in my garage. My oil psi is also a little higher when at higher rpms than it was with the Rotella. So far I like it and that is saying a lot because I really, really liked Rotella.

I have a 1999 Avalon I bought new, and it currently has 262,000 miles on it. Been using M1 HM 10W30 since about 125,000 miles, and I change it between 7 and 8,000 miles. It uses about a quart or better between changes. No leaks and no sludge under the valve covers. Engine runs smooth.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
oldM1guide.gif

Interesting... I wonder if M1 had to boost the ZDDP levels to meet the 2010 ACEA requirements or what was the reasoning for the boost in the HM oils. The 5w-30 HM is one of the strongest oils on the market now.

Also, anyone know how long API SL can be sold before it can not be licensed again? I wonder what M1 plans to do with these high mileage oils in the future to keep them selling in the market.

Wonder why the 10W30 isn`t SN rated and the 10W40 is?

Additive levels too high for an xw30 to be SN.

Are the 5W30 and 10W30 missing any of the "goodies" that the 10W40 has?

My brother now has 282,000 on the 3.0 Toyota V6. All regular Mobil 1 until about 220k?? Was getting a slight oil leak around a seal he said and the Mobil 1 HM stopped it, according to him.

They are using the same additive chemistry in all the Mobil 1 line, including High Mileage. The only advantage I could see is the higher level of ZDP needed for certain engines. Most people say good things about M1 HM oils.

Originally Posted By: JasonBraswell
oldM1guide.gif

Interesting... I wonder if M1 had to boost the ZDDP levels to meet the 2010 ACEA requirements or what was the reasoning for the boost in the HM oils. The 5w-30 HM is one of the strongest oils on the market now.

Also, anyone know how long API SL can be sold before it can not be licensed again? I wonder what M1 plans to do with these high mileage oils in the future to keep them selling in the market.

The -04 means 2004. ACEA A3/B3 2004 and A3/B4 2004 specs.

Dunny why they decided to up the ZDDP. Wonder if other anti-wear additives went up too....

Something I noticed about M1 10W40HM,it`s the smoothest when the engine is the hottest. Must mean it`s viscosity is VERY stable? I`m guessing it`s an extremely strong oil that can take a helluva beating!

Sorry for bring up this old post but does this oil in 10w 30 weight swell seals? I saw somewhere in YouTube that mentioned that because there are seal conditioners, once you're not using hm oils, it would leak?? Is that right? My car has got 40k miles on it, should I use it? Reason is that it is on sale.

I switched to it last OCI in my Chrysler T&C. Oil consumption has dropped from 1 qt per 1000 miles to 1 qt in 3k miles.

Something I noticed about M1 10W40HM,it`s the smoothest when the engine is the hottest. Must mean it`s viscosity is VERY stable? I`m guessing it`s an extremely strong oil that can take a helluva beating!
Maybe its the 40 wt part.

Originally Posted By: JasonBraswell
oldM1guide.gif

They will make it as long as it keeps selling. Instead of a genuine api starburst and the genuine SL rating it'll just say meets SL.
I assume anyway

Originally Posted By: Hessam
Is the consensus that the M1 HM 5W-30 has the best oil in the M1 HM line up?

That was probably true a few years ago. Mobil has slashed the HM add pack fairly recently and with EP available everywhere now I personally would probably give the nod to EP, but I'm not a M1 guy either.

They didn't slash the add pack it simply changed into something more modern. Less metallic adds.

No the HM is not the best in the M1 line. They are all very good it depends on what you're looking for.

Don't drink the kool aid buster. You really think Mobil slashed all the additives we can see to add more expensive super secret additives instead? To a HIGH MILEAGE SL rated lube? Not a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back