S62 Oil Change - Mobil 1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to do my oil changes the same way, driving one wheel up on the curb like that! I can't do that with the Corvette since it sits too low, so I bought rhino ramps. But when I did the trans fluid change in the Civic last week I drove it up on the curb. It's way faster than trying to drive it up the ramps!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: tig1
By the way, what OCI are you going to do?

I don't know. And that's a first for me. This engine is known to be hard on oil, has a relatively high power density, decent sized sump (6.5L), and is a semi-dry sump setup. And to add even more fun to the mix, it has an Alumasil block!
crazy2.gif

This oil was pretty dark with only 3,000Km on it. I'm not bothering to UOA it, but I WILL UOA the M1 0w40. I'll probably dump it at 5,000Km and do a UOA, see how much life was left in it, what the contamination is like....etc.

This engine and car are completely uncharted territory for me. So it is all a big fun learning adventure as I go
grin.gif

Being a Euro engine, I don't see why you could not go 8K km in mixed driving. What's the book say?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: tig1
By the way, what OCI are you going to do?

I don't know. And that's a first for me. This engine is known to be hard on oil, has a relatively high power density, decent sized sump (6.5L), and is a semi-dry sump setup. And to add even more fun to the mix, it has an Alumasil block!
crazy2.gif

This oil was pretty dark with only 3,000Km on it. I'm not bothering to UOA it, but I WILL UOA the M1 0w40. I'll probably dump it at 5,000Km and do a UOA, see how much life was left in it, what the contamination is like....etc.

This engine and car are completely uncharted territory for me. So it is all a big fun learning adventure as I go
grin.gif

Being a Euro engine, I don't see why you could not go 8K km in mixed driving. What's the book say?

It has an OLM actually, LOL! I'm not just sure how wise it is to follow it?

I imagine the dealer reset it when I bought it, since I've only put 3,000Km on it, it might be safe to just run this oil until the OLM tells me to change it..... This is also new for me, LOL!

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Where is the picture of Mr OVERK1LL pouring Mobil 1 down the hatch ?
21.gif

Hard to take a picture of yourself doing that I think. I didn't try, LOL!

21.gif

Where is the picture of Mr. OVERK1LL enjoying a beer while pouring Mobil 1 down the hatch?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: deven
21.gif

Where is the picture of Mr. OVERK1LL enjoying a beer while pouring Mobil 1 down the hatch?
grin.gif

I think I would need some wife-provided assistance pulling that one off
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back