Champion Spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it is related to the plugs unless one went bad. I have never experienced a bad plug myself.

This alway work well like this

Dodge/Chrysler/jeep Champion plug
GM Ac delco
Ford Motorcraft
Japan car : NGK
I heard bosch plug good for german car, but never work for me, so I alway stay away from bosch plug.

if stock car, stick with factory recomment plug, performing then look for NGK or autolite, I alway have good luck stick with factory plug for stock car.

You can find the Denso plugs that fit your car at the link below. It also has links for where to order them:

http://www.densoaftermarket.com/catalog/

It looks like the OEM plug for your car is the long-life iridum type with an iridium center electrode and platinum-padded ground electrode.

If you had bad performance with the platinum Champion, chances are that it has the incorrect reach or some other wrong spec and it doesn't fit to your car properly. This is one of the reasons why to go with the OEM-specified plugs -- they have all the correct specs.

This is the list of Denso plugs for your car:

Trim: GLS, TOURING, SE
Engine: L4 (2.0L)
VIN: D

Spark Plug
Part #
Stock #
Notes
Qty
Advanced Info

IK16L
N/A
Iridium Power Performance Upgrade With World's Smallest Center Electrode (0.4 mm Dia.) & Tapered Tip Patented U-Groove Design & Patented Ir Alloy (90% Ir)
GAS (FI) ASP: N
Pos: N/A

KJ16CR-L11
Standard
Stk: #3132
Resistor Plug
4 GAS (FI) ASP: N

PK16TT
Platinum TT
Stk: #4503
Platinum TT Plug - New Platinum Twin-Tip design with Titanium Enhanced Ground Strap

PKJ16CR-L11
Double Platinum
Stk: #3246
Double Platinum Plug - Extra Long Life Double Platinum Plug with Platinum Ground Strap

SKJ16CR-L11
Iridium Long-Life
Stk: #3396
B; O.E. Recommended Iridium Long Life - Patented Iridium Alloy Plug (90% Ir) With Platinum Ground Strap

Hi Guys.
Revert back to NGK'S.Car is running the same as before.Its seems to be hyundai's dont like champion spark plugs.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I try to put NGKs in everything. Once I bought a used dirtbike and it had an Autolite in there.

Is Autolite good for anything besides topfuel?

I had good luck back when I sold parts and did a lot of work on vehicles using Autolites in Ford engines. I liked Autolite once upon a time. They seem to have gone downhill though in recent years.

Actually in the old days Autolites worked great in my built up Pontiac. It would run nice for weeks on them and quickly lose that sharp 'edge' of quick starting and snappy throttle response on many other plug types.

Haven't had a Ford in the driveway for many years now so no idea if they are still any good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I try to put NGKs in everything. Once I bought a used dirtbike and it had an Autolite in there.

Is Autolite good for anything besides topfuel?

I tried Autolites in a Kawasaki years ago.

Started and idled just fine but wouldn't run right. Everything was just running away from the big ZN1100 LTD on Autolites. My friend's Magna destroyed me. Ran away like I was standing still. It wasn't a V65 either. Not even a V45. It was a "Harley Davidson Chicken tax" 700...V42.7 Magna.

Put a fresh set of NDs or NGKs (difference was imperceptible) and balance was restored to the big heavy Kawi's universe.

Hoping to encourage me to sell his wares, I got a free set of AC Rapidfires for my old heapster '91 Suzuki Swift from a rep visiting us. Same story. It would start and idle just fine but felt like someone had stuffed a bunch of rags into the intake.

I still can't figure out why. They were obviously allowing a spark to jump between the center and side electrode. I mean the engine would run. But it just wouldn't accelerate.

I think it might have been the gap on the Rapidfires. You are not supposed to gap them and the .044 gap may have been to big.
No idea why the Autolites would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back