Free wtv to avi converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a working freeware for this (for Windows7)?

I know I could experiment with a bunch of tools that I find on google and maybe install some malware along the way, but I thought maybe someone has already found a good tool for this...

Another option would be to convert from wtv to dvr-ms, and then to avi, but that's an additional step that I'd like to avoid.

Thanks.

i use bigasoft wtv converter

It can easily convert SD or HD WTV video files to various video formats with smaller file size and high quality:
• Convert WTV to AVI or WTV to WMV to playback on Windows Media Player, Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune, Pocket PC, Dell Axim, HP iPaq, etc
• Convert WTV to MP4 (MPEG-4) to playback on iPod, iPhone, Android Phone, Archos AV500, BlackBerry, Archos AV700, Archos Gmini402, iRiver PMP-100, Creative Zen, Vision, Zune and so on
• Convert WTV to MPG (MPEG-1) to import to PowerPoint presentation for Windows or Mac
• Convert WTV to MOV to import to QuickTime, iTunes, iMovie, Final Cut Pro and more
• Convert WTV to MKV to playback HD on WDTV Media Player
• Convert WTV to 3GPP to playback on Nokia and other mobile phone
• Convert WTV to WebM, MPEG-2, DivX, Xvid , 3GP, FLV, F4V, ASF, H.264, RM, VP8, MOD, TOD, MTS, TS, 720p, 1080p, HD videos and more
Detailed info about bigasoft wtv converter at http://www.bigasoft.com/wtv-converter.html

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
What an interesting first post...

Agreed. Hmmm.

*Reg date day of first (and only) post.

*Thread/topic from Feb resurrected from the dead by new poster

Whois of bigasoft.com all points back to DomainsbyProxy, Inc. (a sister or subsidiary company of Godaddy) which is apparently used sometimes (oftentimes?) by shall we say "shady" individuals to obscure registrant information.

A quick google search shows an awful lot of Mr. XYZABC vs. Domains by Proxy, Inc subpoenas and other legal filings including some big names such as Pfizer, Evenflow, Walmart, and others for involvement in or facilitating cybersquatting, intellectual propertytheft, and a few other things such as

http://phoenix.citysearch.com/profile/37612462/scottsdale_az/domains_by_proxy.html

But I doubt there's anything shady going on here. After all, don't all reputable software developers use services to specifically shield themselves from revealing their true identities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back