Peak motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak SYN is available at AAP for $6.99 a quart. It is made by Warren lubricants the same makers of AAP Full SYN. So is Peak and AAP Full SYN the same oil? Think I will stick with Napa SYN made by Ashland.

Originally Posted By: afoulk
my local autozones have the 5+ quart jugs on sale for $10 with an AC Delco or STP filter. Thats hard to beat in my opinion

I saw that deal at my Autozone. I read the fine print and it's something like, $14.99 for the 5.1 jug oil and a filter (up to $4.99) with a $4.99 mail-in rebate.

Since I'm not a fan of Mail-in rebates, I didn't go for it. If the whole $10 deal was an instant-rebate (rather than half=instant and half=mail in) I would have gone for it.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
How is theit full synthetic?

I used Peak Synthetic 5W-20 in my 2010 Toyota Camry.

Absolutely no problem.

Wait for a sale though.

Originally Posted By: steve20
Wasn't Warren the subject of an industry inquiry about not meeting specs on their gear oil?

I believe that was Warren Unilube... the OTHER warren. I like them too... Most of the issue was with product mislabeling, so the label spec didn't meet the bottle stuff. It's been fixed. Warren Unilibe is OK oil too...

Warren Distribution (Warren Performance Products) from Nebraska, and Warren Unilube of North Carolina can be easlily confused.

Advanced auto Parts oil was a Warren Unilube made product last I checked.

Warren Dist (Nebraska) makes.....
Mag1, Accel, Peak, Federated, etc. look for a WNE or WPP emblem on the bottom of the bottle.

Warren Unilube is known for..
Warren (brand), Coastal, and many other house brands.. look for a WU on the bottom of the bottle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back