Mobil 1 5w30 - 2735mi - 2009 Solstice GXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This OCI was Mobil 1 5w30 with a PUREone filter, it was put into the car in October and just changed out this past week (the car was garaged from the oil change until April). This car's only purpose in life is autocross and it gets drove rather aggressivly at any other time as traffic permits. This is a Turbocharged DI engine running 340/290 tq/hp (vs 260/260 stock) on the GM performance tune.

I was surprised to see the low fuel dilution since I let it idle alot during events to cool the turbo. Everything else looks good.

2po4izq.jpg

What is really impressive is the motor is hot rodded. What ever has been does was done first class. Sometimes the higher iron could be from the engine sitting.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I'm surprised to see Mobil 1 5w30 thin out that much, even with the hard use it has seen.

Why is it such a surprise? Do synthetics not shear AT ALL or something?

I say any oil can shear with heavy use.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: Patman
I'm surprised to see Mobil 1 5w30 thin out that much, even with the hard use it has seen.

Why is it such a surprise? Do synthetics not shear AT ALL or something?

I say any oil can shear with heavy use.

It's just that M1 5w30 has typically shown itself on here to be pretty rock solid in terms of viscosity. But in this case it's sheared at least 2cst in a short period of time.

Not bad for hard use. Personally, I'd move to M1 0W-40 if this were my rig, but that's just me.

I forgot to mention that the car has a aftermarket CAI running a AEM filter (that seems to be working pretty well judging by the Silicon). I also just installed a new tune that should be running around 400/350 tq/hp. I will probably resample this winter just to make sure everything looks good with the new tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back