wanting to try 100% pure gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could get 87 octane ethanol-free fuel for the same price as E10, I would. The problem with my area is that they charge $0.30/gal more for the ethanol-free fuel, which is higher in cost than the fuel efficiency bump you get running it (2-3%). As a result, I spend less on E10 Top Tier fuels instead.

For the record, Shell fuels in Alabama seem to be horrible. I'm not sure why, but they seem to cause a significant drop in fuel economy for me on all 3 vehicles I've tried.

Originally Posted By: Dominic

For the record, Shell fuels in Alabama seem to be horrible. I'm not sure why, but they seem to cause a significant drop in fuel economy for me on all 3 vehicles I've tried.

Interesting that you said that. I noticed Shell pumps say "10% ethanol". The BP and Chevron pumps say: "UP TO 10% ethanol".

I'm a lucky man. Station two blocks from my house has all three grades, ethanol free, and it is the same price as every other station in town. The Honda and all lawn equipment run great.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I'm a lucky man. Station two blocks from my house has all three grades, ethanol free, and it is the same price as every other station in town. The Honda and all lawn equipment run great.

Post 14,000!!!!

Congrats Johnny!!

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Indeed you are! I had never even seen gasoline with ethanol in it until the latter part of 2010. Now there is no real gasoline left here, the closest station that claims to have it is 150 miles away.

The big benefit of real gas is that its lack of alcohol prolongs useful life by not attracting water. Also, alcohol eats away certain plastics and rubber used in the fuel delivery system.

E10 also leaves more varnish behind in normal use. Viva real gasoline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back