Interstate Batteries VS WalMart's EverStart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I'll be getting a Kirkland Signature next, with the same coverage as you describe here...and it's $10 cheaper than WM's offering at $75(the grade below MAXX).

yea WM did away with the pro-rate on their newer batteries....BUT the older battteries (I believe anything before 2009...) is still pro-rated.....so you may get a little 20 dollar discount off the next purchase...

But really, can't go wrong with the Maxx warranty, 3 yr, no questions asked, warranty......just a word of warning, they do test every "bad battery" that comes through their doors......NO they will not just let you drop off your old "oh it won't start my car" EverStart, and let you walk out the door with a new battery.....they gotta load test it first.....so be prepared.

Speaking of which, how do the chain stores do it? Do they load test the batteries that come in as "defective"? I know walmart is REAL picky.....but I can understand why.....you got some "newbies" who come in with a presumed "bad battery" - when they really have a "bad alternator" or a "bad electrical system" which is draining the battery and/or not recharging the battery as it's supposed to.....

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Eddie
WalMarts has the best FREE replacement warranty by far on the Maxx. I like Interstate too but, in my area, they sit on the shelve too long and fresh batteries are very important. JMO. Ed

WM had one of the best warranty on the Maxx, but not anymore. Currently the Maxx has 3 years free replacement and NO pro-rated, used to be 90-100 months.

Just bought Motorcraft battery BXT-49 from Ford dealer for my E430, it has 3 years free replacement and 100 months pro-rated for $5 more than the Maxx.

As I found out as well today, no pro-rata warranty anymore only 36 months for the WM Maxx. I called the Everstart hotline number listed on the battery itself to ask about this, yep, happened about a year and a half ago.

If I can figure out how to post a picture of my new WM MAXX H-6, Made by Johnson Controls, imported from the Czech Republic for an Audi A3 I will...., I cloaked the actual serial number.

2zqwxp2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kmaydamf
HTSS_TR said:
If I can figure out how to post a picture of my new WM MAXX H-6, Made by Johnson Controls, imported from the Czech Republic for an Audi A3 I will...., I cloaked the actual serial number.

2zqwxp2.jpg

I wonder if that battery is from the Varta factory. is it true that jci bought out Varta?

I use to like red top optima, then it start making in mexico junk
Then I switch to interstate and it use to be good, then die on me
Then I switch to walmart batteries cause of the warranty and walmart is every where , then it fail on me, I try return it but fail to exhange for another one
Then I talk to my friend at autozone and he is GM at that store, he recomment me duralast gold, also give me a deal on that. I check the warranty and its 10 year or something warranty, he say if you ever have problem with it, he will exhange it out for me no matter how old the batteries is. Good to have friend is gm at auto part store I guest ^^

btw autozone now selling new name caller platium, I think it AMG batteries , cell type like the Optima, and its support to be few dollar cheaper too, autozone around here stop carried optima batteries.

Last edited:
Just check battery size 49 or H8 for my E430, Duralast Platinum is $20 more than Duralast Gold, $165 vs $145.

I bought Motorcraft BXT-49 from a Ford dealer for $93, it has 3 years free replacement as Autozone and it has 100 months Pro-rated which Autozone has none. I'm not going to pay $70 more for less warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back