5 sided shed. COMPLETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it took me awhile to do, but I finished my 5 sided corner shed. Just thought I'd share some pics of it.
There is a door on it now as well.

I was tired of having my single car garage crammed with all my yard stuff and other gear. SO I dug in and got a little creative. I wanted to do something a little different. SO here it is. These pics show it not quite finished. But close enough. I'll take a few more now that its complete.

shed4.jpg

shed2.jpg

shed1.jpg

I alway want something like this in my back yard, do you have to ask city permission for something like that ? btw its look very nice. with some light and air conditioner, u got your self a beer room ^^

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I alway want something like this in my back yard, do you have to ask city permission for something like that ? btw its look very nice. with some light and air conditioner, u got your self a beer room ^^

I always thought my whole house was a beer room!

Show us pics of your oil stash when you get it filled. BTW, do leave room for one mower! lol---Oldtommy

Would you mind doing a short writeup, going from smoothing soil to complete product? I have nearly the exact same setup and I think such a shed might be ideal!!

Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments. It really was a big job. Lots of measuring. The hardest part was the roof.
My backyard was pretty level. Not a lot of leveling was needed. I used 4x4 pressure treated lumber for the floor frame, and basic 3/4 inch ply for the floor. I built the walls laying down. 16 in on center studs. Double top plate. Single bottom plate. The siding was attached while the walls were down as well. Its just a 4x8 fiberboard type of siding from Home depot. The design was based on a 10x10 shed, with the front door area chopped and angled.
I didn't have any blueprints. I just started to google the term "corner shed" and all kinds of stuff came up including this 5 sided one.
After the walls were built I placed them upright and fastened them together with 3.5 inch wood screws.
The windows are basic $29.00 storm windows. The trim is just 2.5 or 3.5 inch Cedar. Depending on where you look. No permit needed. In Va Beach any shed under 200 sq ft is good to go. Next project is a new fence. ugh, I hate that old thing. Its actually the neighbors. Maybe I'll put a new one up against it. We'll see.
Heres more pics:

Shedweekend016.jpg

Shedweekend015.jpg

Shedweekend017.jpg

Shedweekend039.jpg

Shedweekend042.jpg

Shedweekend041.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
thumbsup2.gif

01.gif

Good job and looks like a lot of work. Excellent result.

Here nothing can be put 7 foot within a property line without a permit from "mother".

I NEED to get something like this (a shed) done soon.

Thanks for the photos and thread! Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back