Panasonic OEM battery in my Toyta. ever heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: brianl703
Originally Posted By: meep

If the 'yota oem panasonic is also AGM, I'd go right back to the dealer for the replacement.

..where you'll likely get a Toyota True Start battery made by Johnson Controls.

Awwwww. :-(

Originally Posted By: Quest
If memory serves: in order for domestic-built imports such as Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, etc, to qualify as a domestic built automobile (so as to dodge the additional cost of import levies, tec.), they must come with at least 75% domestic contents within.

and that explains why NA built import brand names typically go with domestic suppliers even for nitty-gritty components such as wipers, batteries, light-bulbs, tires, etc.

Q.

Are you talking about Canada or the USA. Foreign branded cars assembled here in the USA regardless of domestic content percentage, are not hit with import tariffs.

Going by that "75%" rule, many of the domestic brand models would not even quality.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0814/20100814_105542_Carsbypercent1.pdf

My WRX had a panasonic battery. Worked well for four years. I bought another this past winter because it was getting pretty slow on cold mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back