Polaris Front Diff. Oil Alterative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like that one guy said the later models use a different fluid then the later models. I tried alternate fluids. I just gave up. For all you change them and they hold ounces, I just get the Polaris lubes. They win. I am not sure if I believe most of what I read on here as far as guessing what goes where. I can tell you, I bought a 1993 polaris brand new and back then it called for 30 weight motor oil in the transmission. (Polaris didnt mnake there own lubricants back then, only two stroke oil) The transmissions didnt change, but now they use a thin ATF looking purple stuff. I think you could dump Crisco in that transmission and it would work. I think alot of the oils would be very forgiving in these quads.

On my 09 sportsman 500 I ended up getting having problems with it engaging to late, I used amsoil atf. This spring I switched back to the polaris product.

Funny thing was it would only have this problem in reverse. I plowed a lot of snow with it this winter. I wont know if the problem is fixed until next winter so cant say for sure if the problem was the oil or if I have a mechanical problem. Will report back when I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back