Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the local Walmart today and noticed the everyday low price for Castrol GTX to be 18.50 now. Castrol makes a very good oil but is no way better than PYB at 15 bucks or especially Mobil Super 5000 at 12 bucks.

I'm very glad that I paid on average less than $2/qt for Synpower, PP , PU and M1 over the last 3-4 years. The last purchase was 2 cases PU 5W20 for $19 a case free shipping and no tax from Amazon 3-4 months ago, before that 4 gallons Synpower 5W30 for $2/gallon after rebate.

I still have about 55-60 quarts in my stash, it will lasted me more than 3 years.

Last edited:
The marketing department of Castrol must have a death wish to price GTX at nearly a 25% premium over the likes of PYB, Motorcraft syn blend, etc.

LOL Castrol. I USED to be a loyal fan...back in my SCCA days.

Last edited:
I have always noticed that Castrol tends to be more pricey than most other conventionals as well as group 3 synthetics. As most of you know there are other oils out there that are at least equal to castrol in quality and cost less (PYB, VWB). Mobil Super is looking better and better bc of its more reasonable price.
In fact, I have become dismayed at today's high oil prices. They are ridiculously overpriced. Just my $ 0.02.

Originally Posted By: SCV
I have become dismayed at today's high oil prices. They are ridiculously overpriced. Just my $ 0.02.

Stop buying them. Let them choke on the inventory, then watch the sales promos.

Originally Posted By: RedOak
I was at the local Walmart today and noticed the everyday low price for Castrol GTX to be 18.50 now. Castrol makes a very good oil but is no way better than PYB at 15 bucks or especially Mobil Super 5000 at 12 bucks.

Terrible price. AAP has GTX jug + Purolator Classic for $18.

GTX at syn prices? Does BP think we are stupid? I dont know why Castrol is priced higher than every oil in all segments and people actually buy into it like its superior to other oils. Just buy PYB or PP and your getting a good value. GTX or Syntec... not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back