Zep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at a place several years ago that had a a pretty decent penetrate for rusty bolts.
I think it was called Zep.
Does anyone know where I can purchase this?

Originally Posted By: sicko
I've seen Zep products at Home Depot. But I've never looked for their lubricant/penetrating spray

I will give it a "shot"
Thanks

Originally Posted By: EricF
ditto that

have you tried PB Blaster?

No.is it comparable to Zep or better?
I know WD 40 really doesnt do much for rusted bolts,so am wanting a good penetrate.

If you'd like a product option from the Heartland, Strongarmbrand.com offers something that might fill the bill. Untested around here however.

Then PBlaster is likely to be the best prospect. I highly doubt availability of the Zep candidates, but you may just surprise us!

Zep produces some very fine products, to be sure - let us know if you meet with success.

Originally Posted By: old-leroy
Originally Posted By: EricF
ditto that

have you tried PB Blaster?

No.is it comparable to Zep or better?
I know WD 40 really doesnt do much for rusted bolts,so am wanting a good penetrate.

I've never tried Zep, but after reading good reviews of PB Blaster on here, I decided to try it. It's hands down better than Liquid Wrench, which is the only penetrating oil I'd used previously. You can actually see the PB Blaster wicking inside the threads of rusty nuts and bolts when it's sprayed on, something I'd never seen Liquid Wrench do before.

If you are looking for something in a store, PB Blaster is everywhere. In an Indie car parts store you may see JB-80 from Justice Bros. That's quite good. Also car stores carry SeaFoam DEEP CREEP. any of those should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back