Amsoil Dominator 15W-50 to racing - question

Status
Not open for further replies.
This type of oil is not meant to extended drain intervals, me think. How long do you want to keep it in there?

Best would be to do an oil analysis after one rally to get a better idea.

Don't most people change their oil after each rally?

Like pete said, it's best to do an oil analysis after your first race, making sure all values are within normal range. If they are, you can go longer.
Dominator has a good reputation, its should be good to go at least a few races
smile.gif
??

Thanks,
Analysis in Poland is very expensive.
Cost analysis (comparable to blackstone) in Poland is a standard cost about 180-190$.. ;_(

Colleagues, if you have experience with this oil?

I do not know how many kilometers (miles) will certainly hold the parameters in rally.

I do not know what to tell him.
Can I tell him that it 3000mil max. or more ?

Interesting video. The suspension on that car looks looser than I would imagine.

Anyway - assuming the engine is in good condition, with no coolant leaks, etc - it mostly comes down to fuel dilution. 3000 miles might be doable, but if there is massive fuel washdown, maybe not. The guys are right a UOA is the best in this situation. Can't send the oil to Germany?

Originally Posted By: Pidziek
Thanks,
Analysis in Poland is very expensive.
Cost analysis (comparable to blackstone) in Poland is a standard cost about 180-190$.. ;_(

Send it to Blackstone or some other lab in the US. That's what I used to do when I was living in Poland.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Don't most people change their oil after each rally?

The top teams probably change it every couple of stages!
lol.gif

The Dominator should be good to go for at least a full rally or two, depending on total special stage (and stop and go transit) length.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back