New Beetle unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they extended the overall length of the car. Roofline almost looks like the 911 Porsche.

They need to come out with a modern Squareback and a Karmen Ghia.

I don't hate it. I'm actually kinda' digging it.

But they are going to have to bring it in at a low enough price.

Man, I really dig these seats.

Great looking car.

beetle5.jpg

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Looks pretty good I think. Love the interior.

+1. Looks great all around. I'm glad they didn't make the interior Barbie-like as is the case with Mini Cooper.

Oil temp and turbo boost gauges are a nice touch, too, if you get the turbo version...

2012-volkswagen-beetle-035.jpg

Pretty cool. But I hate the "I-can't-drive-a-stickshift-but-want-to-look-like-I-have-one" shifter.

If you squint hard enough it looks like a bloated early Porsche 911, or like a modern 356 hardtop.

They've got this guy looking a second time at it without saying "chick car"...

I don't see a chick car at all. Especially in the black one.

I wish the forward edge of the hood was round like the original instead of squared off.

And I can see a hint of the PT Cruiser like the one dude said.

Nonetheless, I like it.

I think it looks nice.

Honestly though, enough with these LED light pipes for cryin' out loud. They're distracting in your rear view mirror, and add nothing to the look of the car. A new 300 was following me yesterday and it had some really ugly C-shaped LED light pipes on the front, in place of DRLs I guess.

I like it. Looks like VW is getting serious about their plans to be the Number One.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Honestly though, enough with these LED light pipes for cryin' out loud. They're distracting in your rear view mirror, and add nothing to the look of the car.

They're supposed to make the car move visible on the road. And judging by your comments, it sounds like they're doing their job.
smile.gif

I think it looks great, especially in black. It looks more like an Audi than a VW to me. No doubt it will be way too expensive, though.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
They're supposed to make the car move visible on the road. And judging by your comments, it sounds like they're doing their job.
smile.gif

I much prefer conventional DRLs to the light pipes. I think the light pipes take a good idea and go overboard with it, to where it ends up being a detractor.

Like the blinking CHMSLs. The CHMSL is fine. But when it starts blinking, it becomes a distraction and is probably worse off than having nothing at all. Local Fords around here from the 04-08 timeframe were terrible for that. I don't know if it was a national Ford thing, or a dealer installed accessory, but the CHMSLs would flash for 5 seconds after the application of the brake pedal. It was quite distracting, and not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back