For all seafoam skeptics

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1!!
KREEN IT!!

MMO is good too if you dont want to order something. i would put it way above seafoam!!

how about MMO and T6? that would do wonders i bet.

The problem is is the oil filter got plugged enough so that the oil bypassed it then the debris would be pumped down the crankshaft. mmo and freqent filter changes would be good

i like a different brand, BUT i have NOTHING against you brand. i do have a big Q. could it be that this engine doesnt get hot enough when it is driven?

Originally Posted By: morris
i like a different brand, BUT i have NOTHING against you brand. i do have a big Q. could it be that this engine doesnt get hot enough when it is driven?

For a few thousand miles it didn't but when I saw the thermostat was supposed to be 195, it does now.

Seafoam is simply a solvent. No big deal.
If you had sludge showing up in copious amounts, your engine has severe problems that most do not.

I'd rather have the sludge in the filter than in the crankcase.
smile.gif
Looks like the filter did it's job. Or did I miss the point?

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
KREEN ...KREEN...KREEN...after that ,MMOat 1000mi intervals.Thats all you need on the 4.3.,I've owned two.

Motors keep blowing?

Seafoam is definately a crud cutter..... It's a strong cleaner, and makes a good motor flush. Using it on a high mile crudded up car in the oil is ok for a few hundred miles before a change... I would feel safer with MMO in my oil as a leave-in cleaner.

Seafoam, or Gunk High Mileage Engine flush is a good dump in the crankcase shortly before a drain out. Gunk says DON'T DRIVE IT, just let it idle for 5 Mins, and then dump it all out.

I do my oil changes 1/3 of 10K miles... and every 10K they get a "Bath" usually with the Gunk... sometimes Sea Foam.

Sea Foam is a high power cleaning agent. I dont doubt its ability to clean... but I do concern about it goofing up the oil's lubrication. As a flush at an idle, it gets my approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back