Lets see your stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I used to have a lawn...I even took great care of it...

Now, I am next to the inland waterway...and the "grass" gets covered by salt water any time we get a storm surge (which is a few times a year)...so, I have taken to fertilizing the weeds once or twice a year...and I knock 'em down with an electric (gasp!) mower every so often...

I am envious of a lawn nice enough to have stripes...I'll just have to admire yours...and put the kayak in the water this week to remind me why I live here...

Well done, mate!

Last edited:
A beautiful piece of property you have! What do you mow with? We're actually in the process of downsizing a bit. Bigger home, but 1 acre as opposed to our current smaller home on 1.5. Surprise baby #4 set the groundwork for that one. So much for my 1yr/old zero-turn rider.
frown.gif

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
A beautiful piece of property you have! What do you mow with? We're actually in the process of downsizing a bit. Bigger home, but 1 acre as opposed to our current smaller home on 1.5. Surprise baby #4 set the groundwork for that one. So much for my 1yr/old zero-turn rider.
frown.gif

Joel

That was cut with a Gravely 160Z 60" cut. The little 34Z needs a new seat but cant complain with just shy of 2000 hours on it.

P1050840.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
You know, I used to have a lawn...I even took great care of it...

Now, I am next to the inland waterway...and the "grass" gets covered by salt water any time we get a storm surge (which is a few times a year)...so, I have taken to fertilizing the weeds once or twice a year...and I knock 'em down with an electric (gasp!) mower every so often...

I am envious of a lawn nice enough to have stripes...I'll just have to admire yours...and put the kayak in the water this week to remind me why I live here...

Well done, mate!

One of my reasons for buying this house is due to the deer. I hunt and now I have my own personal spot that nobody can bother me. The people before us must have had this lawn serviced regular because it is super thick and lush and growing so fast that it needs cut twice a week.

I got stripes, but the lawn isnt up to snuff yet after the 3 months of rain we have had up here in the Pacific NW. another month or so, and my small yard will look like a golf course...

100_6728.jpg

Very nice! I won't post pics of mine. It's in "recovery stage" from being so dry last Fall. I had to reseed sections. Thus, I can't spray the chickweed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back