"Blaster " PB 50 All Purpose Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the link it looks like a wd-40 type light lubricant product, not a pbblaster or kroil loosener product.FWIW Forbes (I think) criticized WD40 some years back for sticking with the original WD40 and not expanding the product line, just assuming no other company make a similar product. It looks like PBB just have. They WD40 have expanded a little since but they have not grown like their product name and image would suggest. Me- I just ordered 2 cans of 16 oz KROIL for $16 delivered. This is a penetrating lube and may last me years but anything that breaks through a rusted connection is worth a premium.

I picked some up today since I dropped my WD40 can and poked a hole in it. FWIW, I dumped what was left of the WD40 into a clear spray bottle, and it actually separated...some white, light wax like stuff.

The PB 50 is scented! It smells like vanilla or coconut or something...

Actually, I could not find anything that really needed lube, but I sprayed some on/in a doorknob and on my hand - felt a lot like WD40. We'll see how it penetrates.

I don't know if I'll use it instead of WD in the future - WD is not the greatest stuff, but I take care of things well enough to notice less difference than some might. It is cheaper, and they do sell it by the gallon. If it penetrates any better than WD, I'd consider buying more.

The scent does linger. Might not want to use it on your gun.

I have to give kudos to WD-40. actually a 12 year old can of WD-40. While WD40 isn't my favorite lube for anything.. it came through (after using a half a can) removing a cross threaded o2 sensor on an 01 tundra. the guy at the factory probably decided that messing up 1 sensor wouldn't make a difference.
Well it took me 45 minutes and a lot of wd40 to work that o2 sensor out.
I didn't have any pb blaster or liquid wrench with me, as I didn't expect any issues, which I've never had an issue removing an o2 sensor (except on the 02 Altima).
But after moving the sensor to and fro several hundred times (it felt like), and spraying wd40 liberally each movement.. it finally worked itself free, AND I was able to install the new sensor with the copper antiseize and it took a bit to start, but once it did it rolled in! Phew!
my father in law wasn't able to tell me about toyota's perfect truck.. HA! He stood there watching and listening to me curse the guy at the factory. He saw the original o2 sensor and just couldn't believe it. hehe..

So.. WD40 will have a place on my shelf. (just the small can) my father in law swears by the stuff, and hey.. maybe it works great for him, and I'm good with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back