Amsoil OE 5w30 - 5,455 - 1998 Toyota Camry V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest...

I replaced the front valve cover gasket about midway into this run. Was very careful not to have any dirt fall in.

This is more important during the next UOA but, after pulling the sample, i ran Amsoil Engine flush for 15 mins before doing the OC.

Refilled with Amsoil OE 5w-30 and Amsoil EA filter.

I don't know where the sodium could have come from... weird.

Camry5455mileUOA.jpg

Perhaps they started using Sodium?

Iron is low, copper & lead are stable.

Good Calcium, Moly, Boron & Zinc levels.

Looks like it held up well!

I doubt it, since the 2 previous UOA were of Amsoil OE from the same case... We'll see what the next analysis shows.

I've had small traces of Sodium show up in my other UOA from totally different cars, maybe something i'm doing is contaminating the results. Its a mystery i'm determined to solve.

Do you use any UCL additives? You may have a slight leak. She is holding steady wear wise. Though you don't want to see Cu or Pb. I would try something different next time personally.

I definitely believe you got the life out of the oil you should want. I'd cap it at 5,000 for now and re-sample. I don't like the TBN past 2 and the TAN starting to climb. I'd be curious about a TAN number after another run as well.
grin2.gif

Monitor sodium, coolant level etc, otherwise wearing about the same as before.

I wonder if some sodium has been added to their formulas(some of them?) to aid in anti-foaming ever so slightly??? Here's me hoping in case my sodium doesn't trend down, but I had used Valvoline before so we'll see.

Note: 1,000 miles and no coolant consumed yet for me.

Your silicon increase is probably a direct result of the VCG repair. Nice report.

BTW, which car do you add your used oil from the Si to?

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I definitely believe you got the life out of the oil you should want. I'd cap it at 5,000 for now and re-sample. I don't like the TBN past 2 and the TAN starting to climb. I'd be curious about a TAN number after another run as well.
grin2.gif

I wonder if some sodium has been added to their formulas(some of them?) to aid in anti-foaming ever so slightly??? Here's me hoping in case my sodium doesn't trend down, but I had used Valvoline before so we'll see.

Your silicon increase is probably a direct result of the VCG repair. Nice report.

Although i agree that i got pretty good value outta the cheap OE oil after 5k i feel it can go longer (look at the 7k previous run)

I plan to run the XL line after this last 5k run with OE to compare wear numbers, TBN, etc. I'm hoping the extra "Boost" in XL will show up in the UOA.

We bought the Camry New in 97 as a 98 model and after basically 14 years of problem free use, i feel i got pretty darn good value outta the car and dont really care about the wear numbers as much at 200k.

I feel the "slight" bearing wear won't be a problem with a good quality oil and a relatively easy daily commute (mostly highway) for another 100k worth so i want to use the car as an experiment platform and extend the OCIs to the limit. haha.

I think 10k is do-able with Amsoil OE based on the previous 7k run...
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
grin2.gif

Although i agree that i got pretty good value outta the cheap OE oil after 5k i feel it can go longer (look at the 7k previous run)

I plan to run the XL line after this last 5k run with OE to compare wear numbers, TBN, etc. I'm hoping the extra "Boost" in XL will show up in the UOA.

We bought the Camry New in 97 as a 98 model and after basically 14 years of problem free use, i feel i got pretty darn good value outta the car and dont really care about the wear numbers as much at 200k.

I feel the "slight" bearing wear won't be a problem with a good quality oil and a relatively easy daily commute (mostly highway) for another 100k worth so i want to use the car as an experiment platform and extend the OCIs to the limit. haha.

I think 10k is do-able with Amsoil OE based on the previous 7k run...
shocked.gif

Nice, I see where you are heading with this. Oh, and thanks for showing the UOAs of the used oil in the other application. It's cool you have the ability to do this much.
grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
19.gif

Yea i don't let perfectly good oil go to waste, so i play my "green" role. Haha.

I ran the UOA to prove to myself as well as others that the oil is indeed still good to go even after being used in the second car.

I'll post more UOA of the recycled lube once either accord that's currently running the oil comes in for an oil change.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back