ACDelco PF63, 5k Miles, 2011 Chevy Traverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ACDelco PF63 taken from my wife's 2011 Chevy Traverse with the 3.6L DI engine. Ran it about 5k miles, around 3 months. Nothing really noteworthy, ADBV held oil and was pliable.

Only funny story was when I went to the dealership to buy it, I asked for a PF63. They wanted to know the vehicle, and then said their computers called for a PF48. I told him yeah, the manual says PF63 but the PF48 can also be used, it is just shorter. He said "Well, our computer says PF48" as if I was stupid. I just asked if they had the PF63 and asked for that filter irregardless. Fun times.

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

Originally Posted By: caravanmike
i thought ac delco went ecore? mike

Not all ... but some are.

Thanks, now I don't have to get all messy cutting open the PF 63 that's on my Terrain right now.
smile.gif

Most of the Delcos are available in Ecore or Classic styles.
Most dealer stock the Ecores because they are cheaper, you may have to ask for a "classic", that's what GM calls the old style with metal center tube.
If you ask me, the Delco classics are hard to beat, excellent quality filter at a good price.

I can't wait till the other filter manufacturers make a PF-63 equivilent. I hate how short the pf-48 is, especially in my application. The pf-48 doesn't even extend half way down the side of the oil pan that is next to, there is more than enough room for a taller filter. A taller filter would also make installation and removal during an OC so much easier.

irregardless isnt a word. =)

Anyways it looks good. Good to know that a pf-63 is a bigger pf-48. The Pontiac G8 will in my garage will be happy to know. I'll give him the news when I take him out to lunch....sandwich for me, 87 octane for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back