Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: a4_turbo
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Except that it says "Temporarily out of stock."

And still does. Even the PENZOIL website is backordered. They are not doing so well with distribution of this product.

My local Ferrari dealer doesn't even use it. They use Quaker State.

Here's my uoa.

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: [censored
]just changed to QS. any diff between QS 5w40 and PU 5w40?

The only pds I found was from September 2010. It's hard to tell if it's the same as the current PU 5W-40 or not. While the 40C and 100C visc match exactly (what are the chances of that), some other specs like HTHS, flash point and NOACK don't. It does have the same approvals as PU 5w-40. Try calling Pennzoil/QS, they should give you a clear answer.

Btw, where did you pick it up? I don't see it for sale anywhere, online or stores.

Originally Posted By: a4_turbo
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Except that it says "Temporarily out of stock."

And still does. Even the PENZOIL website is backordered. They are not doing so well with distribution of this product.

This is why I gave up on Pennzoil and Ultra 5W-40. They had a PDS on their website, but you couldn't find it anywhere. Now one year later, you still can't order this oil.

I just bought a case (6 Qts) from the BITOG link 3 weeks ago...not the cheapest price...but available!

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Originally Posted By: [censored
]just changed to QS. any diff between QS 5w40 and PU 5w40?

The only pds I found was from September 2010. It's hard to tell if it's the same as the current PU 5W-40 or not. While the 40C and 100C visc match exactly (what are the chances of that), some other specs like HTHS, flash point and NOACK don't. It does have the same approvals as PU 5w-40. Try calling Pennzoil/QS, they should give you a clear answer.

Btw, where did you pick it up? I don't see it for sale anywhere, online or stores.

haha..i'm located other side of the world..singapore to be precise :p

Does anyone know when the backorder began on Pennzoil's site?

I used this oil during my previous oil change, and my next oil change is coming up. If I cannot order it for ~$50 from their site, I am going to switch to another oil. I am not going to pay $60-$70 for 6 quarts from other online stores.

Are you guys really finding that much of an advantage with this oil over M1 0W-40? They meet the exact same specs, but even at $50 shipped the Pennzoil is $8.33/qt vs. $4-5 for M1.

Are you guys really finding that much of an advantage with this oil over M1 0W-40? They meet the exact same specs, but even at $50 shipped the Pennzoil is $8.33/qt vs. $4-5 for M1.

Most of the same specs.
wink.gif

On a more serious note, though, good question...

I don't think there is much differences between Ultra 5W-40 Euro and M1 0W40. PU 5W-40 Euro is a good A3/B3 oil, but Sopus marketing is failing in marketing it available at local retail stores at reasonable price.

The pricing differences on each side of the big pond are big.

If, and I mean IF, the Shell Helix Ultra is about the same product (please correct if I'm wrong) as Pennzoil Ultra said 5W-40 Helix Ultra is available at local store for EUR 27,90 per 4 liter jug. Same amount of Mobil 1 0W-40 costs EUR 42,90.

I have never seen Pennzoil Ultra available here.

if you are having a hard time finding it, any Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealer can get you cases in a day or 2 if they do not stock it. we stock several cases at a time. not sure on the price as I just use it, I am a technician not a parts seller.

Originally Posted By: MattPersman
any Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealer

Which Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicles call for this oil? Is it the ones with Mercedes engines in them?

the ones that used 0w40 mobil 1 from the factory like SRT-8, Crossfire, Diesel KJ Liberty, etc. you can use it in Sprinter van too.

Again, Mobil 1 0w-40 is not for diesel engines that require Mercedes Benz 229.31 or 229.51 oils, as diesel Sprinters do.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
the ones that used 0w40 mobil 1 from the factory like SRT-8, Crossfire, Diesel KJ Liberty, etc. you can use it in Sprinter van too.

Again, Mobil 1 0w-40 is not for diesel engines that require Mercedes Benz 229.31 or 229.51 oils, as diesel Sprinters do.

Our local Chrysler dealer uses it in them.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Our local Chrysler dealer uses it in them.

Do those diesel Sprinters not require low-ash oils, or is the dealership using M1 0w-40 despite the fact that they do?

A little OT, but a funny story about M1 0w-40 in Europe. They have two versions of it there: M1 0w-40 and M1 0w-40 Turbo Diesel, but if you compare the specs, the only thing different is the product label.

http://www.mobil.com/UK-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_New_Life_0W-40.aspx

http://www.mobil.com/UK-English/Lubes/PDS/EUXXENPVLMOMobil1_Turbo_Diesel_0W-40.aspx

Which is weird because these oils only meet MB 229.3/229.5, and not the 229.x1 specs. For that they have the M1 ESP 0w-40:

http://www.mobil.com/UK-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_ESP_0W-40.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back