RIP Gary Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Kind of make motor oil insignificant.

Really does. Gary was a class act. He was the person I took to talking to first on this board because of his character; I just "liked him". He struck me as an honest and very intelligent person.

His mastery of the English language is matched by few on this board. Probably few in general. He was concise and eloquent and could spin a witty retort that would make you chuckle, even if you were the butt of it. And he would leave you wondering just how you'd respond to something like that.

I wish I had got to know him better. I wish I had been given the opportunity to meet him in real life. He was a fine man and we are running short on those.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

It will be strange here with Gary Allan gone.

Amen.

I will miss Gary very much. I have always appreciated his sense of humor and witty posts.

BITOG will not be the same.
My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Take care everyone.

Have you ever noticed that people who give unselfishly of themselves seem to go "forward" to the next step on the path more quickly? That looks like a bad thing from a conventional perspective, but maybe from a higher point of view it makes sense....

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I'm pretty broken up right now. I know Gary slowed down posting lately and I needled him a bit for not catching up with me............[censored]........this sucks....I don't even want to post anymore.

Yea, I agree, Pablo. So sad.

I have had a few really bad shocks here at BITOG. One was when Bob, the guy who started the website, stopped posting. Or at least I have not seen a post by him in a very long time. I had enjoyed every one of his posts. He was very interesting.

Gary Allan also was one of the first members here and all of his posts were interesting also.

Slowly the original members here are starting to fade away. I was member 1095. Today there are a huge number of members of this website. There are tens of thousands of members and who knows how many people visit this website. This website has been very sucessful. That is good. But I hope the essential character of this website never changes.

As long as we have members here like the original guy, Bob, and guys like Gary Allan, we should be in good shape.

Well darned, it's sad to hear about Gary.

I regret that I haven't talked to him in a few months. I am his AMSOIL sponsor and am the one to give the reins over to him several years ago. I saw the passion and enthusiasm he had being a member of Bitog.

I left a voicemail to the phone number that I have for him. I hope I get a call call.

Please keep Gary's family in your thoughts and prayers.

Michael Sparks

I just logged on and saw this saw news. Gary will be missed for so many reasons. RIP Gary.

Wayne

Gary will be missed. He was a very good poster. May Gary RIP.

I will be sending his wife and children a card and a plant from his BITOG family. It will sent it on Monday when the florist opens.

Helen

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I'm pretty broken up right now. I know Gary slowed down posting lately and I needled him a bit for not catching up with me............[censored]........this sucks....I don't even want to post anymore.

Yeah it does.

We need to get something together for his family.

This makes me sick. Gary and I had several meaningful conversations on some really heavy topics over the years in PMs and across several forums. And we joked around a lot, too. He was one of the voices that I listened to on topics even if we disagreed. I had a lot of respect for that guy. He will be remembered.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
We need to get something together for his family.

This makes me sick. Gary and I had several meaningful conversations on some really heavy topics over the years in PMs and across several forums. And we joked around a lot, too. He was one of the voices that I listened to on topics even if we disagreed. I had a lot of respect for that guy. He will be remembered.

+1 for both

Thank you Helen, very thoughtful of you.

The silver lining is for Gary himself, his childhood pain has now been redeemed. He's now set free of all that. God bless you Gary.

This is a shock to hear of his passing.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
It will be strange here with Gary Allan gone.

Indeed. The more this sinks in the worse I feel. It's as if I've lost a friend that I never met.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Never bring a knife to a nuke fight.

That's the last thing he posted on here. Classic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back