post your latest transmission lubricant change.

since this is a brake forum also, i replaced the brake pads on a 2006 tahoe front and rear with napa adaptives. tranny fluid change is coming next oil change!

99 Ford Ranger
5qts Castrol Dex3, 1bottle Lubegard Green (dex3 to merc V modifier)

93 Ranger 4.0 5spd -- 3qts Genuine Motorcraft Mercon, 3oz ATP Synthetic protectant

92 Taurus 3.8L 5qts Shell Dexron/mercon 1bottle Lubegard Red (lifesaver!)

02 Altima, 4cyl, 4qts Castrol Multi-Import fluid.

Next: 06 Saturn Relay, Dex 6 (probably valvoline) and 1 bottle Lubegard Red.

Have been doing Drain/fills on the Corolla since around 30K. Did 3 drain/fills w/ Schaeffer's ATF and didn't like the shifting.

More recently:

-6.6qts Maxlife(2 drain/fills).
-8oz. of Lubegard Red.

I will soon drop the pan and replace the ATF filter.

1998 Ford F-150 4.0 v6
7 quarts total, mix of Supertech Merc V, Mobil 1 multi vehicle, and Valvoline Maxlife with B&M in line transmission filter. 1 bottle of Lubegard Red.
Also did the rear diff. Used Amsoil Severe Gear 75w140 as in the manual.
107,000 miles and still running

2004 Ford Taurus 3.0 Vulcan
7 quarts Valvoline Maxlife and 1 bottle Lubegard Red
Also has Magnefine Filter
168,000 miles and still running

2001 Ford Taurus 3.0 Vulcan
5 quarts Valvoline Maxlife and 1 bottle Lubegard Red
Also has Magnefine filter
(this was along with a full tune up)
140,000 and still going

I dropped the pan and did filter changes on all of them along with placing some high temp neodymium magnets in the pan to increase magnetic capabilities along with the magnefine filters.

Drain and fill on the Versa (4-speed Automatic) with 4-quarts of Mobil 1 Syn ATF. The drain plug is so convenient! Why don't all cars have an ATF drain plug?

Originally Posted By: wn1998
Drain and fill on the Versa (4-speed Automatic) with 4-quarts of Mobil 1 Syn ATF. The drain plug is so convenient! Why don't all cars have an ATF drain plug?

In the year 3,000.

Festiva -
Pulled the drain plug - replaced with 2qts Mercon-1/2 quart MMO- 5 oz of Lubegard Red and a dash of Mercon V.

Aspire -
Pulled out 1 1/4ish quart - replaced with 1 qt. MMO and 5 oz of Lubegard Red

Most recent to least...

2003 Mach 1 - ~33,000 miles
4R70 (new BC Auto trans install)
-11 quarts Red Line D4
It only took 11 b/c the radiator was bypassed in favor of a 40,000 lb Tru-Cool cooler (big stall).

2001 Ford F150 - ~150,000 miles
4R70
-~6 quarts Red Line D4 (pan drop & filter change)
About 1,000 miles later,
-9 quarts Red Line D4 via fluid exchange

2002 Ford F250 SD PSD 4x4 - ~90,000 miles
-2 quarts Red Line D4 (transfer case, first change)

2005 Ford F150 - ~80,000 miles
4R75
-~7 quarts Motorcraft Mercon V (pan drop and filter change)
-2 quarts Motorcraft Mercon V (transfer case)

2005 Ford Freestyle - 60,000 miles
CVT
- ~7 quarts Motorcraft CVT fluid (pan drop, pan filter and HP filter change)

1999 Ford Mustang GT - ~110,000 miles
ProMotion T45
-3 quarts Red Line D4

1997 Infiniti Q45 with 79000 miles. Last week drained 6-1/2qts out. The ATF was the original ATF in it. I pulled the plug let drain for a few hours, turn ignition to on position (with the plug out)shifted thru the gears, let drain for 3hr more. I refilled with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.

Originally Posted By: Cause4Alarm
currently building the 4l60e i blew up in the tahoe. it's going to use the valvoline dex vi i have stashed
Good stuff there...I used the same last year, replaced in pan filter, flushed all DexIII out and replaced with DexVI as well I added the B&M drain plug, in line filter and cooler, I am also running a 4l60e and it shifts great now, I plan on changing inline filter and do a pan drain and fill every 30k.

Today I did the first transfer case change on my 2003 Silverado with a manual transfer case at a little over 25K miles. I used TES 295 Delvac. Very little wear metal in the drain pan, so it looks like it is wearing well.

Just did a fluid swap last night on my '11 Civic.
Drained the factory fill with just about 1500KM.
Added almost 2 quarts Amsoil MTF.
Shifts even better than with the factory fill. I love Amsoil for manual trans!!

I just did a PMF on the wife's 2005 Xterra. Used Mobil 1 full syn Universal ATF. I hesitated for a while before I did the flush with Mobil 1 due to all the horror stories about using only Nissan specific ATF or suffering horrible consequences. May I say "[censored]' to that fallacy. The Xterra shifts smoother now than when it was new. My wife, someone who couldn't pop the hood and point out the engine, even commented on how much better it shifted. That's enough for me. YMMV. Blessings to all.

Back