How many of you Nufinish your windshield glass/win

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was mentioned in a topic regarding NuFinish. I never thought about doing it. I'm curious, what are the advtangaes of doing this?

I never put anything on my windshield. I used to use Rain-X years ago, but always found that my wiper blades would begin to chatter after a short while after replacing them. Seems like the product loaded up on the rubber inserts or something.
21.gif

Ever since, it's been straight nekkid glass for me. And wiper inserts last much longer (years now, instead of months).

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I never put anything on my windshield. I used to use Rain-X years ago, but always found that my wiper blades would begin to chatter after a short while after replacing them. Seems like the product loaded up on the rubber inserts or something.
21.gif

Ever since, it's been straight nekkid glass for me. And wiper inserts last much longer (years now, instead of months).

Yes, the chattering is caused from the alchaol from the Rain-X comming in contact with the wipers. This is why I apply Rain-X prior to washing my vehicles with the wipers in the up position.

I apply the R-X, then for example, vacuum the interior/clean the interior windows or wash the wheels/tires/undercarrage. Anything to allow the R-X to at least dry to it's smudgey look! Aprox. 30 minutes...Or longer!

Then, and only then do I wash the whole vehicle as normal but, always keeping the wipers in the up position. Once the vehicle is washed/dried, then let down the wipers onto the glass.

This is one of my FREE detailing tips that I offer to the members of BITOG. I have posted other FREE tips but, inconspicuously; I just kinda threw'em in there!

Last edited:
You can buy Rain-X wipers with the rain-x imbedded in it. I've never had a problem with Rain-X when properly applied.

NuFinish works similarly.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
You can buy Rain-X wipers with the rain-x imbedded in it. I've never had a problem with Rain-X when properly applied.

NuFinish works similarly.

I've used those before and they chattered right out of the box!
frown.gif
The $5 inserts from the dealer have been working real good. I actually haven't had to BUY any yet, but I know how cheap they are, so that's what I'll BE using, when I have to put new ones on.
wink.gif

I used to apply NuFinish or the like to the windshield. Ever since I bought TripleEdge wipers (Walmart) I have not needed to do so and the wipers have been on my car for 3-4 years now. Where all the other ones I tried would last 1 year at the most.

I use Zaino AIO on my windshield. It has beaded water for almost 6 months, now. That means almost 6 months of not having to use my wipers while going over 35-40mph. I like it and I'm sure NF would be just as good.

Just a thought...the last time I was having a windshield chip "repaired" (SafeLite?) we were talking and the tech claimed that sometimes their repair doesn't work as well if the windshield has been treated with Rain-X...Not sure if this was just his observation or if this was something they were told in class. I have used Rain-X in the past and "really" like the idea of not using my windshield wipers except for major downpour. I did get the chatter sometimes...almost positive that nothing liquid got to the wiper blades (it had fully dried and i meticulously removed it with several cloths). It thought it was just the "lack of lubrication" that made them chatter.
GaryM

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I never put anything on my windshield.

I never put anything on it either..I never heard of anyone putting Nu Finish on the windsheild..When I got some on by mistake the wipers would jump around in the rain.

Down here the blades only last around 6 months due to the constant brutal sun..I wish cars still had the wiper pockets they had a awhile back so they would be out of brutal jungle elements like down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back