zmax-micro lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done running 1,500 miles with 8oz of Z-Max in the fuel and 8oz in the oil. So far I got almost 2 extra miles per gallon. Engine is 03 VW 1.9L TDI, mileage went from 57 to 59mpg on D2. Don't know how long this will last but so far so good.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I just got done running 1,500 miles with 8oz of Z-Max in the fuel and 8oz in the oil. So far I got almost 2 extra miles per gallon. Engine is 03 VW 1.9L TDI, mileage went from 57 to 59mpg on D2. Don't know how long this will last but so far so good.

I have No Idea of what kind of Fuel you have in AZ, but could it be your mileage vent up as they switched from "Winter" to "Summer" gas?

My wife's Cherokee 4.0 XJ has had Z-Max in it for around 2k now, with PP and it has improved mileage by a bit, like yours, But im not sure if that is because of the warmer weather and "Summer" gas.....

Tho I do have to admit, It has the best Mileage now that it ever had, and we had it for over 150k now......

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: azsynthetic

I have No Idea of what kind of Fuel you have in AZ, but could it be your mileage vent up as they switched from "Winter" to "Summer" gas?

His car is a diesel, although in some places they use #1 for winter fuel and #2 for summer fuel. So you're right, that could be a factor.

The Phoenix area does have winter/summer blends, even at Fly'n J, unless they are breaking the law.

Arizona

Current Regulations: After opt-out of federal RFG in the summer of 1998, Phoenix area required summer max. 7.0 psi RVP gasoline, winter max. 9.0 psi RVP gasoline and CARB Phase 2 RFG or federal Phase I RFG. In the winter, Phoenix also required min. 10 vol% ethanol or min. 2.7 wt% oxygen content for ether blends.

http://www.npra.org/issues/transportation/smfs/?fa=az

Ed

Or may be just just misread me. There is no summer/winter Diesel fuel at Phoenix Flyn'J, they are always D2. Their gasoline is the same year round means that their gasoline is blended to be legal year round. My comment pertains to only Flyn'J and no other brands. BTW, there is no law against selling summer blend all year long. Here in Phoenix, below freezing cold start is very rare and 100 degree temperature in March is not unusual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back