2007 Fusion engine oil......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 25K on my 07 fusion 3.0L. I am looking for an oil that I can change once a year or so. I would like to go at least 12K/1 year on an oil change. I drive a 50/50 mix of city and highway. The temperatures that I drive in range from 20-100 degree F. I am pretty easy on the car, especially after startup. I currently run 5-20 motorcraft semi-synthetic and change it out every 3 months/3K miles. I was looking at amsoil ASM 0-20 and their filter because both are rated for long term use. Plus, I have an amsoil account. Money isn't a huge deal but I rather not spend a ton more if there is no need to. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
if your sold on amsoil, then amsoil. personally i really like edge 5w20 teamed up with preferrably a bosch distance + filter, if not than an M1 filter. Running it in my 08 escape 2.3l i get my best mpgs on edge and engine runs very smooth, in comparison to currently M1 0w20 afe in my 08 mazda 6 2.3l, out of all oils ive ran in these engines my favorite is edge 5w20 for reasons stated

Keep in mind waranty and what would it be like if you were using the wrong wt.????
Originally Posted By: addyguy
ASM 0W-20 would be the ticket to do 1 year changes with.

I have considered the SSO. However, it is a little thicker than the other oils. 5-20 is what Ford recommended and I have been told the 0-20 ASM is on the thick side already.

I think my car only had a 3 year/36K mile warranty so this should not matter. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a little better fuel economy if that might be possible from an oil change.

The M1 EP 5W20 and the PU 5W20 are excellent as well.

Personally? I find that price matters...right now, I can get 5 QTS of M1 and an M1 filter for $33 at Advanced Auto Parts.

That's a good deal on excellent oil...and half what some of the recommendations above would cost...

In my Fusion I have used M1 5-20EP and 0-20. Both are excellant oils, but for your needs I would go with 5-20EP. A 15K oil with one year OCI.

Originally Posted By: tig1
In my Fusion I have used M1 5-20EP and 0-20. Both are excellant oils, but for your needs I would go with 5-20EP. A 15K oil with one year OCI.

What he said !!!

Mobil 1 EP 5w20 and Mobil filter will work perfect for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back