post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Car in sig, 4 quarts of Red Line D4 in the T56, ~128,500 on the counter.

I might drain 2 qts. and add/mix in 2 qts. of RL MTL for the summer/early fall, or dump it all and go full MTL if I feel insane enough.
wink.gif

2 quarts of M1 75W90 in diff.

Pan drop, clean, complete flush with 12 quarts of M1 ATF (older multi-vehicle formula) 2005 G35 100K

Looked like original fluid so I did 2 partial drains over the past 2 months with SuperTech ATF+4 and added 6 ounces of Auto-RX prior to complete flush. Magnets and Pan were surprisingly clean for 104K on original fluid.

Initial observations are that the vehicle shifts no differently with 65% ATF+4 and original fluid vs. 100% New M1 ATF.

Buick: 12 quarts of Valvoline Maxlife ATF 22k miles ago, 1 bottle Lubegard Red Bottle 1k miles ago.

Honda: 3 quarts Valvoline Maxlife ATF 10k miles ago.

Merc/Dex Max Life and filter tomorrow. Offline flush.
145k Miles
Previous was Mercon at 90K

98 Expedition 4x4, 4R100 Transmission

My sons 2003 Monte Carlo(Jeff Gordon Ed)with 53K miles, 3 weeks ago, I sucked out close to 6 quarts and replaced with Maxlife ATF. May do a filter change this summer.

Drained my '97 Civic's manual trans and put in 2 qts Redline MTL. That was two days ago. The shifting is still improving!

96 Yukon w/4L60E-- Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc
98 Ford Contour w/CD4E--Motorcraft Mercon V
05 Toyota Sienna--Toyota Type IV

03' Ford Focus (2.3L Duratec) / 95K +

Complete flush...using Motorcraft Mercon V...about 35,000 miles ago. Still shifting beautifully.

Plan on doing an ATF change shortly... and adding a Magnefine filter. Unsure if I'll use Amzoil or Mobil 1 ATF (synthetic).

Last edited:
I changed my ATF in the hyundai about 2 weeks ago with amsoil.The fluid looked kinda red/brown I did a drain and refill about 4 qt, trans shifts smoother now. Did 3 drain refills about 2 1/2 years 25kmi ago with amsoil also. Fluid started looking a little dirty most likely the amsoil cleaned out some of the leftover crud or SP III from 2 years ago. Might install a magnefine in a couple months.

Back