Orange bottle of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marketing.

In the real world outside BITOG folks will recognize this product by name branding and will feel they have a good product.

Last edited by a moderator:
It`s perfectly good oil guy`s. On the back of the bottle reads Conoco Phillips. (my Auto-Zone carries it,that`s how I know)

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: willix
Marketing.

In the real world outside BITOG folks will recognize this product by name branding and will feel they have a good product.

This could end up like a thick thin debate go on for pages and head nowhere. LOL

Should be absolutely no debate at all, unless there is someone on here that does not like ConocoPhillips, Kendall, Union 76, and Motorcraft.

Hermann,best of luck to you and the GF.Probably good oil being a CP product,haven't seen it around here yet.True that marketing the Fram name on oil will carry well with the general public.Image of Fram as a quality product is quite large,plus not all their products are of "lesser quality"so they do deserve some positive credit.

yeah, their wear guard filters actually have metal endcaps, as to their Xtended Guard filters... sure beats their other lower quality filters.

Last edited:
I know Framfilters have been bashed to death here,but I have used them off and on for a long time with good results. I wonder if anyone here has had any actual problems with them or is it all just talk.

there is one guy on youtube who cut his apart and found that the endcap wasn't glued correctly to the filter element. I got in an argument with one of the fram employees who contacted me because of a comment I left... he ENSURES that the filter did NOT leave the factory like that, and that it was altered... but if you look in the video, you can clearly see it was a manufactured defect.

Originally Posted By: VRAY
I know Framfilters have been bashed to death here,but I have used them off and on for a long time with good results. I wonder if anyone here has had any actual problems with them or is it all just talk.

I get cold start knocking on them. Bad adbv`s

I've personally had failures with low-end Fram's more than once, many years ago before I quit using them and only use their XG filters if I use Fram at all. One un-glued endcap, and one collapsed filter that plunged my oil pressure down by 20 PSI. And those were just the ones I opened.

I no longer bash Fram in general, just their low-end product. One could question why a company that values its reputation lets even its LOW end filter be so [censored] (it would be akin to Ford building great Lincolns, but having their Focus and Fiesta built like Yugos) but that's not my call to make.

a while back i was in a store going out of business, picked up like 16 orange cans that fit my lawnmower (i have 3 using same filter) for like $10, i use them, no issues, and im very particular of my lawnmowers

For me , only OEM (Hyundai) , Bosch Distance Plus or NAPA Gold ...Mobil 1 filters too expensive . Wouldn't care to use a Fram ...

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: willix
Marketing.

This could end up like a thick thin debate go on for pages and head nowhere. LOL

Should be absolutely no debate at all, unless there is someone on here that does not like ConocoPhillips, Kendall, Union 76, and Motorcraft.

dont forget trop-artic

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
For me , only OEM (Hyundai) , Bosch Distance Plus or NAPA Gold ...Mobil 1 filters too expensive . Wouldn't care to use a Fram ...

unless caught on an oil change special, i hardly see how bosch D+ or M1 ep filters are are more or less expensive within 50 cents of each other, but if my 50 cents is worth much, id take the bosch D+

Originally Posted By: lexus114

I get cold start knocking on them. Bad adbv`s

+1, This has occured on different vehicles on a consistent basis. They were all the OCD.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I wonder if it's a group IV oil instead of Group III which isn't actually considered synthetic.

It's not? Here I thought it was a true synthetic since the molecular structure of the oil is completely altered from what it originally was....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back