My apologies about Japan quake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the comments made on the Japan Quake thread. I did donate $50 and I hope that money is put to good use. I was just upset on how a rich country have gotten so more donations and attention around the world than poorer countries with natural disasters. I am still worried about conditions in Haiti and countries in Africa.

There are a lot of Japanese that have emigrated to rich countries and are probably trying to support relatives and countrymen at home.

EDIT: There was a very good support system for the disaster in Haiti. You also have to consider that Haiti was effectively a 3rd world country before, even with support, these people weren't on their feet before the disaster there.

I wasnt aware that the supposed wealth of a country mattered that much when it comes to need in the case of a major disaster.

All the trillions of yen in the world wont make much of a difference if all the homes are destroyed and food supplies wrecked.

Money for the sake of blind charity, Im never for that. Money for the sake of helping people in dire need... That's another story.

The Japanese may as well be burning their yen right now in some areas, as they may do better as heating sources than anything else. They need supplies.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: GenSan
Haiti was WELL accounted for by U.S. donations.

Japan will be lucky if they receive nearly as much as Haiti did.

Haiti receives $1.3 billion

Yes, the question is where is all that money going?
http://chuckslowe.com/?p=14950

If the conclusion of that article is correct, it's the same place as UN money goes, but I don't know anything about the Haiti issue. My main concern when donating to the plight of people in need is always how much of my money will actually get to the people in need. I am suspiscious of all forms of charity as many use as much of the donation to perpetuate the corporate charity "machine" as they do to help those for whom they are collecting funds.

My heart goes out to all of these people (in Haiti, Japan and in other disaster sites). I have not investigated the situation in Haiti, so I will not comment on that. I know more about Japan and the Japanese government and people than I do about Haiti. In the case of Japan, I am confident that money sent there will get to those in need. I am also confident that whether or not we send this help, the Japanese will rapidly recover to continue their tradition of being productive, self-sufficient, prosperous, contributing members of the world economy. My money will be sent to aleviate the personal trajedy and hardship that is being experienced in so many of the affected regions. Just as it was for other countries that have had these disasters.

Haiti recieved 1000 times the donations Japan has.

Haiti is still trash and the donations are largely un-accounted for.

Etheopia, Somalia, & other African nations have a money train of USA dollars arriving daily.

The only thing you need to be sorry for is being unaware of facts.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
Sorry for the comments made on the Japan Quake thread. I did donate $50 and I hope that money is put to good use. I was just upset on how a rich country have gotten so more donations and attention around the world than poorer countries with natural disasters. I am still worried about conditions in Haiti and countries in Africa.

I understand your concern about Haiti people after last year earth quake. I'm glad that you now know that your comments about Japanese people in the Japan Quake thread was not right. As of today, not a single report from any news channel around the world that there is any looting anywhere in Japan.

It's sad and heartbreaking that the UN is so corrupt, impotent and incompetent during terrible situations like Haiti, Japan, Libya etc.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I wasnt aware that the supposed wealth of a country mattered that much when it comes to need in the case of a major disaster.

All the trillions of yen in the world wont make much of a difference if all the homes are destroyed and food supplies wrecked.

Money for the sake of blind charity, Im never for that. Money for the sake of helping people in dire need... That's another story.

The Japanese may as well be burning their yen right now in some areas, as they may do better as heating sources than anything else. They need supplies.

Yes, FULLY agreed!!

But it would be nice and heartwarming to see the Nippon Giant stepping in to help their own with some of that 100 year+ surplus "in the black" capital right about now (for said supplies and emergency essentials).
wink.gif

Although I guess that the (greedy?) shareholders would have a huge say in that, huh?
frown.gif

meh ,bill them later. Put an extra shift on at the mint to print more money. Maybe you could contract to print Japanese money for them In a more perfect world, the military would be mobilized to provide aid. Much more useful than trying to bring truth and justice to people who despise us for our sinful ways.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Yes, FULLY agreed!!

But it would be nice and heartwarming to see the Nippon Giant stepping in to help their own with some of that 100 year+ surplus "in the black" capital right about now (for said supplies and emergency essentials).
wink.gif

Although I guess that the (greedy?) shareholders would have a huge say in that, huh?
frown.gif

Huh? Dont get that...

Originally Posted By: 3311
It's sad and heartbreaking that the UN is so corrupt, impotent and incompetent during terrible situations like Haiti, Japan, Libya etc.

It's that way all the time.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Yes, FULLY agreed!!

wink.gif

frown.gif

?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back