Valvoline MaxLife NextGen 5w-30 SN/GF-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new Valvoline Maxlife NextGen 5w30 SN/GF-5 oil VOA. 50% recycled content
MLG = MaxLife Green bottle

Code:

OIL Valv MLG SN/GF-5

5W-30

MILES IN USE NA

MILES ON UNIT NA

Mfg Date Code Jan-2011

Sample Taken Mar-2011

MLG Universal Avg.

ALUMINUM 0 0

CHROMIUM 0 0

IRON 1 1

COPPER 0 0

LEAD 1 2

TIN 0 0

MOLYBDENUM 117 58

NICKEL 0 0

MANGANESE 0 0

SILVER 0 0

TITANIUM 0 0

POTASSIUM 0 1

BORON 3 59

SILICON 4 5

SODIUM 332 33

CALCIUM 1853 1816

MAGNESIUM 6 59

PHOSPHORUS 650 616

ZINC 730 750

BARIUM 0 0

SUS VIS 210ºF 59.2

cSt @ 212ºF 9.99

FLASHPOINT ºF 450

FUEL % -

ANTIFREEZE % -

WATER % -

INSOLUBLES % -

TBN -

Lots of sodium and moly, less boron.

I sorta like how MaxLife looks. If I could ever find it cheaper than quality HDEO I'd definitely use it.

Thank you for testing. I'm curious if Valvoline is meeting the resource conserving with moly. That would be sweet of all their oils had a lot of moly for api sn.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Thank you for testing. I'm curious if Valvoline is meeting the resource conserving with moly. That would be sweet of all their oils had a lot of moly for api sn.

The MaxLife NextGen label of this sample does not have the words resource conserving on the api SN logo. But the regular NextGen product does. Valvoline has not published the spec sheet for the various NextGen products yet on their website, but they usually include the moly content and TBN.

I am not sure any of the SN/GF-5 compliant oils have the good stuff people use to look for. I am also unsure what other things are in the adpacks of SN/GF-5 oils that do not show up in the standard VOA/UOA tests that have been in use since the beginning of time.

Originally Posted By: 3311
Like I just posted in another thread. Wheres the good stuff?

What were you hoping for, liquid titanium?

Originally Posted By: smithph
Originally Posted By: beast3300

The MaxLife NextGen label of this sample does not have the words resource conserving on the api SN logo. But the regular NextGen product does. Valvoline has not published the spec sheet for the various NextGen products yet on their website, but they usually include the moly content and TBN.

I am not sure any of the SN/GF-5 compliant oils have the good stuff people use to look for. I am also unsure what other things are in the adpacks of SN/GF-5 oils that do not show up in the standard VOA/UOA tests that have been in use since the beginning of time.

Oh you right, good call!

Last edited:
+1, thanks for posting. Looks like a solid 5k mile oil, or 3k for cleanup intervals. We are talking about a HM oil.

I guess Valvoline has taken out the Moly in the New SN blends of Maxlife HM synthetic blend, and put it in the Next Generation green bottle oil.

Well, if you want Moly from Valvoline....this is the oil to get. I also wonder if New Valvoline oil considered a high mileage oil?

Originally Posted By: Mark72
Any VOA's of conventional Valvoline nextgen coming out?

this is the nextgen by Valvoline??

Thank you for taking the time and cost posting this. This is on top of a mir and moly wow...But no Titanium even alittle bit like 36ppm boo hoo is me... thanks again.

Thanks to the OP for this VOA. I bought some today and I'm going to run it in my truck on the next OCI. Hard to beat with the $10 MIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back