It's official: switching to syn is a one-way trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: unDummy
Ford's Customer Service Division should insert foot back into their mouth and keep it there.

The entire division shouldn't be judged by one mans comments. Remember this is the internet. Anyone can say what they want, and never have to back it up.

Huh? This is a FORD EMPLOYEE who is backed up by FORD. He is telling us what FORD thinks or expects.

Far from "Anyone".

Bill, I don't see any evidence that Ford backs up statements their employees may make on internet forums. Also if anyone would know about switching fro synthetic to mineral oils it would be XM. Here is a link.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Switching_Synthetic_Motor_Oil.aspx

not saying its true but it is something i have always heard too. i hope its bull because i switch ALOT. from what i hear you end up getting a clear goo in the bottom of the pan from the different things not mixing well and falling to the bottom. has anyone switched alot an had the pan off?

I'd trust an Ford employee over an oil company employee. I'd trust Ford over Mobil since they make the vehicle and I'd hope that they have a clue.

A oil company has a product that (hopefully) works with many mfg of engines.

Bottom line is this Ford employee really should have to know what he is talking about. The difference between syn and conventional is so slight changing back and forth is not going to be a issue in a properly maintained vehicle.

Bill

This reeks like droppings from the end of a male cow.

Maybe Ford has a particular reason for this particular engine that we're not being told...

Originally Posted By: electrolover
rom what i hear you end up getting a clear goo in the bottom of the pan from the different things not mixing well and falling to the bottom.

I'm getting goo in my brain just from reading this nonsense.
grin2.gif

I'd trust an Ford employee over an oil company employee. I'd trust Ford over Mobil since they make the vehicle and I'd hope that they have a clue.

Bill

So are you saying you believe the Ford employee over th XM employee? Remember the XM employee is supporting you claim as do I.

Last edited:

Bill

So are you saying you believe the Ford employee over th XM employee? Remember the XM employee is supporting you claim as do I.

I typed this while you were posting;

Bottom line is this Ford employee really should have to know what he is talking about. The difference between syn and conventional is so slight changing back and forth is not going to be a issue in a properly maintained vehicle.

I don't trust many people who have an agenda and are not honest in their dealings/marketing. So that leaves out most oil companies.

Bill

What's really amazing about this is that Ford recommends a semi sythetic oil. MC 5-20. As we know it is both mineral and synthetic.

Bill, of course you are right. We all know you can switch, go straight, or be bi-oil. Engines could care less.

Bill, of course you are right. We all know you can switch, go straight, or be bi-oil. Engines could care less.

we have people on here that run half and half. i guess their cars are dead?
lol.gif

In my 30 years of driving I have switched to and from synthetic and even mixed quite a few times(even weights and brands). I have never had any engine problems related to oil. Ever! I have run some to well over 200k miles.

Last edited:
All oils pass a seal compatibility test as part of their SAE certification.

There's not really any chemical difference between most synth and dino oils.

I seriously doubt this person posting the info had anything to do with Ford. Likely another daydreamer wanna-be that dreams of working for Ford.

Wake up people, this is the Internet!!

First of all how do you know he is a service rep.?? He could be sitting in a chair waiting for the nurse to give him his meds. The other point is consider the source. They use a blend. We really should move on after seeing that fact. How stupid a argument will follow???? I will bet he was in a bathrobe at the computer before dinner. LOON
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: jaj
Saw this on a Ford forum today, posted by a Ford Customer Service Rep that monitors the forum:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/20...tml#post2456474

The topic of the thread was whether the OP should use synthetic or conventional oil in their new 2011 Mustang GT. The car leaves the factory with Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5w-20 with a 12month/10,000 mile maximum OCI as determined by an OLM.

The content of the post at the end of the link:

"Hey guys,

Just some extra info… Synthetic oil is fine, as long as it meets the SAE requirements. However, if you switch to synthetic oil you can not switch back to regular.

So, it's official - once unconventional, always unconventional.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
First of all how do you know he is a service rep.?? He could be sitting in a chair waiting for the nurse to give him his meds.

How about someone give him a call to substantiate his remark? Here's his contact info taken from his profile:

"Social Media Team for Ford Motor Company’s Customer Care division - our primary goal is to help community members find the solutions they are looking for. Phone: 800.392.FORD (800.392.3673) "

or better yet, maybe "tweet" him.

LOL @ the new user that registered just to post:

Quote:
Huh? Absolutely untrue. You can switch back and forth all day long. You can even mix the two types of oil at once. Ever heard of Motorcraft synthetic blend oil?

lol.gif

What's really amazing about this is that Ford recommends a semi sythetic oil. MC 5-20. As we know it is both mineral and synthetic.

02.gif
but Deysha from Ford Customer Service said it's wrong!!!

Explosion.gif

if you switch back , the synthetic molecules will spin so fast around the conventional oil molecules that a chain reaction will start culminating in the formation of a black hole. The black hole will suck in the vehicle, the pavement then destroy the entire earth!!!

Last edited:
If you guys want, I can contact Ford's social media team and see if they would be willing to post here with a more in-depth explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back