Mobil 5000 discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can’t find Mobil Clean 5000. Is it still available?

Mobil Clean 5000 has been discontinued. We now offer Mobil Super, a premium conventional motor oil. Mobil Super offers a 5,000-mile protection guarantee, similar to Mobil Clean 5000. Mobil Super is designed to help extend engine life, combat sludge, and protect against engine wear. All Mobil motor oils come with a guarantee against oil-related engine failure. Some restrictions apply. See the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee* for details."

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
Where does it say that specifically? The link you provided does not say so.

It says it right there under Mobil 5000....

I did some more digging and found the answer to my question.

I can’t find Mobil Clean 5000. Is it still available?

Mobil Clean 5000 has been discontinued. We now offer Mobil Super, a premium conventional motor oil. Mobil Super offers a 5,000-mile protection guarantee, similar to Mobil Clean 5000. Mobil Super is designed to help extend engine life, combat sludge, and protect against engine wear. All Mobil motor oils come with a guarantee against oil-related engine failure. Some restrictions apply. See the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee* for details.

The Mobil Super 5000 is a good deal. I saw it at Wal Mart the other day. $12 for a 5 qt. jug of SN GF-5.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
The Mobil Super 5000 is a good deal. I saw it at Wal Mart the other day. $12 for a 5 qt. jug of SN GF-5.

+1

Yes it was had a good
cry.gif
add pack it really stood out BUT NOW???
Originally Posted By: 3311
Is there a voa of this stuff anywhere? The clean 5000 was excellent oil, hopefully they didn't cheapen it up.

Edit: Never mind, found it: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2179650&page=1

Originally Posted By: Hemi426

You're paying too much...it's $11.50 here
wink.gif

Well folks, Super 5k is on the rise, price-wise.

Only 5/20 is still at 11.50; the other weights are now at 12.00. Just got back from a Twin Cities Wally-World... Also, it looks like there is a .50 roll-back on PYB 5qt.

Originally Posted By: insomnia
Isn't Mobil Super 5000 basically Mobil Clean 5000 with a new label?

Well its been updated to SN/GF-5, but basically yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back