Two And A Half Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy some sitcoms, like Parks and Recreational and Big Bang Theory, but 2 2/1 men is the one that I really can stand personally.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
What was the "value" of Albert Einstein? Sir. Sanford Flemming? Alexander Graham Bell? Benjamin Franklin?

Any one of those individuals has FAR more value than any professional athlete.

Those individuals have accelerated the speed at which humans race towards extinction. We humans got along just fine for tens of thousands of years without the curse of technology and scientific advancement. So what is these people's value when assessed objectively instead of from the comfort of your living room chair?

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
What was the "value" of Albert Einstein? Sir. Sanford Flemming? Alexander Graham Bell? Benjamin Franklin?

Those individuals have accelerated the speed at which humans race towards extinction. We humans got along just fine for tens of thousands of years without the curse of technology and scientific advancement. So what is these people's value when assessed objectively instead of from the comfort of your living room chair?

I guess electricity and computers don't count...
06.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest

I guess electricity and computers don't count...
06.gif

Unless technological advances lead to expansion of the human habitat, which will takes us eventually beyond our solar system, all our toys are for nothing but our selfish short-term desires.

HEY let's get back on topic. I'm sorry I took it this direction by responding to the standard "actors get paid more than I do so I'm going to pout" post. This is a great thread and it's either going to go political or global-warming (maybe even religious) if we keep going this direction.

Charlie Sheen's a nut. Discuss.

Don't like the show. Don't care for childish actors or actresses.

Idiot can act his age and continue to make $1.25 million per episode.

Who's crazier? Dictator of Libya or Sheen?

Keep shooting yourself in the foot is the motto of the hollywood elite.

I think any of us; if we were raised within the context of Hollywood stardom for our entire lives, knowing no other frame of reference, then found ourselves with more money than we knew what to do with and were surrounded - again, from birth - by those who kept telling us we're special and super-awesome; I think we might have some trouble conducting ourselves in healthy ways, too.

Where do any of us expect that a man like this would have learned about humility, restraint, patience and respect? Is anyone here honestly puzzled about the cause behind the pathologically house-sized ego?

More profoundly, would anyone here be honestly surprised if it came to light that this and pretty much all other celeb meltdowns were as much entertainment and career engineering than just the idle efforts of a sensationalist media? (More information regarding celebs-gone-wild comes directly from the celebs and their publicists than you know. Being unburdened of a sense of shame; exploiting and promoting yourself by being "caught on camera" in various compromising positions is perfectly viable. Heck, it is actually necessary if this is the type of brand or image you wish to establish, for whatever reason.)

10's of thousands of years of finding new ways to smash each others brains in with rocks, cut each others heads off with sharpened edges and otherwise savagely kill each other.

The "Race Toward Extinction" started long before we split the atom, decided on standard time, were able to talk to each other thousands of miles away and light our homes with electricity.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
... exploiting and promoting yourself by being "caught on camera" in various compromising positions is perfectly viable. Heck, it is actually necessary if this is the type of brand or image you wish to establish, for whatever reason.)

Yes, I found it really odd how people with infinite resources at their disposal just couldn't seem to secure their own sex tapes..
crackmeup2.gif

And it was happening to so many stars at once.

You would think a company specializing in "sex tape security for the rich and famous" would have sprung up overnight.

(note to self - remember to ask the wife if ours are under lock and key.....)

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Oh boy, I hope this doesn't get me banned, but I agree with Bob: Charlie Sheen is the American Idol.

You gotta respect that guy's enthusiasm. I think he's right, too.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Bring back Al Bundy!

YES! He was awesome!

This guy has gone waaaaayyy off the deep end. I've never liked the show and never liked Sheen.

The show was "fairly" funny when the kid was younger but now that the 1/2 man is grown.....not so much.

Plus, all sitcoms I have glanced at deal with relations between a man and woman...and usually very explicit about it. I used to enjoy "Big Bang Theory" until they started the relation thing between the characters. "How I Met Your Mother"...I have never enjoyed for the same reasons.

Good thing we have satellite television but with all the reality shows coming to some Discovery, History or TLC channels....it's hard for me to find anything to watch anymore.

I also never cared for Charlie but his dad is okay in my book.

If you've seen what's happening to Charlie happen to someone you know, there's nothing funny about it.

Charlie's been force fed rehab in the past and it just doesn't work. It will never work as long as Charlie's the one who's right and the rest of the world is wrong.

His family will be totally estranged in a short time and what they experience will be something similar to Charlie's death.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX

His family will be totally estranged in a short time and what they experience will be something similar to Charlie's death.

Looks that way already...He is mad at his father and the L.A.P.D. took his twins away last night.

Honestly,

Moral police aside, having two mistresses is not illegal.

It is however quite debatable how this would effect a child psychology.

Those who are "horrified" need to look at how much infidelity they have committed in their own existence before witch burning others. Furthermore, at least he is honest and up front with his behavior unlike certain American presidential figures that hailed from from Massachusetts and Arkansas respectively. This guy was questionably terminated. Therefore, you would "Hoover Dam" well likely to go off on a tirade on air. The drug use question is a mute point unless he is actively using and it has been proven by a court. Second, unless he has shown even the slightest penchant of child abuse taking them away is out of the question. This man is owed due process by the hopeful blindness of the justice system not by the population but by a magistrate. This is also wishful thinking as the courts and protective agencies demonstrate a bias if not discriminatory behavior against men. So either charge him for it and have your but covered by sufficient evidence lest you will be sued to oblivion for damages or leave Sheen alone.

I don't like Charlie Sheen or the show, but the only thing he seems to have done is called his producer Chuck Lorre by his real name Chaim Levine. I guess it's something like your mother getting real mad at you and calling you by all three of your names; first, middle, and last. Apparently Abe Foxman started giving birth to a cow after he heard the rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back