Joined the U.S. Army today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: expat
A school teacher friend of mine was recently interviewed by a U.S. Govt official (here in Canada), re; clearance. Apparently one of her ex-students will soon serve in the U.S. Navy.
I guess they leave no stone unturned.

i used one of my high school teachers as a reference. you give 3 primary references, then they go to them and ask them to provide names of other references, and so on, thus building a web of people around you.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Good Luck and Thank You for your service.
Did you get a bonus for going into EOD ?

yessir. not as much as it was about 5 years ago but hey, i can't really complain. having a few semesters of college under my belt increased both my bonus, and entering rank (E-3).

I envy you...your age and career choice. You've got nothing but the best years ahead of you. Enjoy and most of all...stay safe...and thank you for your service!

My excellent advice to you is to stay in and finish out your 20. Don't ever let anybody
talk you into thinking that civilian life is better, because I can tell you it's not!!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
My excellent advice to you is to stay in and finish out your 20. Don't ever let anybody
talk you into thinking that civilian life is better, because I can tell you it's not!!

now thats what i like to hear

Photo1028.jpg

I took a PT test last night, woke up today feeling like I got hit by a train.

35 push ups in 1 min.
30 sit ups in 1 min.
8m20s 1-mile run.

Geeze I need to get back in shape.

Made it through basic, was honored in front of a few thousand people for superior marksmanship skills and got to shoot a $10,000 AT-4 rocket launcher as a reward. Now onto AIT, a majority of which will be near the beach at Eglin Air Force Base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back