POLL!!! Quaker State VS Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, how bout a SUPER TECH vs ACCEL oil or vs CASTROL GTX. Seriously though, some of these threads make my head hurt. For the record I have used super tech, and pennzoil yellow bottle, without any negativity. I dont really CARE who makes SUPER TECH oil, as my company used it for like 10 yrs without problems.

adam vasbinder

Valvoline. Growing up here in Fl I never witnessed or even heard of anyone using QS unless you were a pasty snowbird driving a minivan.
smile.gif

QS - SOPUS FTW. Have not checked on Valvoline in a number of years, but if they are still owned by Ashland, I would not give 2 cents for it.

Valvoline Synpower

But have used Quaker State for Years, just found the Dino 5w30 sheared out of 30 grade quite quickly. Qurrently doing a trial run of Pennzoil Ultra

Napa Gold Filters (i.e. WIX)

QS Green Bottle. Great oil for a great price. I buy it at AAP when they run their 5 quarts with a Purolator Classic filter deals. My truck runs great on QS.

Originally Posted By: kender
Originally Posted By: Mark72
Originally Posted By: kender
Quaker State. Valvolines updated SN specs still have the older Ford approvals listed. Not the newer WSS M2C945(6)-A. Quaker State has the newer ones. I saw the same older specs on the Valvoline SN bottles at Walmart too.

I don't think it's fair to judge one vs the other based on son is fair what approval listing they are on. All the major brands will be of the same listing at some point. Different companies just do it at different times at their own pace. Valvoline will most certainly end up having the newer WSS M2C945 (6)-A. Mobil and Sopus have the big bucks so they just get there sooner.

It's a poll. I picked one over the other and gave a reason why.I don't care if you think my reason is fair or not.

whoa, easy home boy.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back