Where to buy Havoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore my other thread- I went to Wal-Mart to see how much Havoline costs, but all they have is Havoline conventional, and I was looking for syn.blend or full synthetic. Also, how much is full synthetic per qt. and where you get it? There is an Xpress lube here that uses Havoline but I would rather do it myself. Thanks

Find a Chevron distributor and give them a call. You can find a local distributor through Chevron's or Havoline's website.

Why bother? Havoline is just a brand name owned by Chevron. Havoline bottles are likely filled with Chevron oils. Buy Chevron brand or buy whatever you like that is easy to find. Brand name loyalty means little. The oil brands switch owners almost are regularly as any of us switch socks. In any case, every time the API and ILSAC specs change (latest is API SN and ILSAC GF-5), the formulations of the oils change...they are simply different oils.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Why bother? Havoline is just a brand name owned by Chevron. Havoline bottles are likely filled with Chevron oils. Buy Chevron brand or buy whatever you like that is easy to find.

He would be buying what is easy to find. Outside of a Chevron service station or other disparate outlets, Chevron branded oil is rather scarce. Havoline-branded oil is rather easy to come by, as many Walmarts have it, Advance, AutoZone, etc. Now that the question is about synthetic in particular, it becomes a little harder. Synthetic Havoline is harder to find, and I've never seen synthetic Chevron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back