"Giant" grocery store gas Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where the Giant Grocery stores get their gas from?

My family shops there quite a lot and we get their "Gas Points" all the time.

Thanks

Somewhere generic, I work next door to big bird. Sometimes the tanker says "Source 1" sometimes it says "Gutman oil" I stay away from the big bird.

My co-workers are lazy and don't care about the shop truck in use it in the truck. I have done the math by hand and with big bird it gets 12mpg. Using the next gas station down the street it gets 18mpg.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...true#Post277711

Quote:

Most of us cannot tell any real difference between Shell branded or Chevron branded gasoline and what our local chain convienience (unbranded) stores sell. And that's not surprising since the base fuel is exactly the same stuff. Shell, Chevron, and unbranded gasolines all comes up the pipeline at the same time; it's the same stuff. Only the miniscule additive package makes it any different.

One person's input

Last edited:
Except for Sheetz, it seems like all of the gas is delivered by third party carriers. IMO, I don't think there's a difference. I use Giant Eagle gas, without any problems.

beast3300I have done the math by hand and with big bird it gets 12mpg. Using the next gas station down the street it gets 18mpg.[/quote said:
I highly doubt this is an apples-to-apples comparison. Not doubting your math, just suspecting that there were lots of other variables at play that could have affected mileage rather than gasoline brands. Such comparisons are very hard to accomplish while taking all the variables into consideration to achieve any sort of statistical significance. Gas formulations aren't different enough to create a 33% drop in mileage.

I use gas from Speedway, Kroger and BP.
I see no systematic difference in performance or operating economy between them.
Try a few tanks on the grocery store gas, and see what happens.
You won't hurt anything.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I use gas from Speedway, Kroger and BP.
I see no systematic difference in performance or operating economy between them.
Try a few tanks on the grocery store gas, and see what happens.
You won't hurt anything.

Totally correct. Use all of the above and the Big Bird (Giant Eagle) Get Go as well.
Very few top tier options in my area and I've found that ethanol fuel is basically ethanol fuel.
That reminds me when my pickup is empty, I need to gather my gas cans, throw them in the bed, go visit Big Bird and cash in my fuelperks. They owe me 30 free gallons!

Ive done the math too im getting the same 17 mpg from Giant Eagle/GetGo, as I do from Shell
Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back