BP Wins Coveted Russian Prize, to Fury of Rivals a

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the Soviets will put artic wildlife at a extreme importance. After its all said and done, the rest of the world may have cheap oil, but we will have a bunch of worthless species, that we saved, such as the horned owl and some ocean life so microscopic, we cant even see, but they are there.

That's the truth woth multinational oil. Someone is going to develop the arctic fields. The strategy of gaining positions in these reserves and any non developed reserves for that matter is what determines future success of an oil company. To not develop new reserves is to simply sit on depreciating and declining reserves. The company value drops with that depriciation of the developed assets.
Now for the environmental concerns. Do you really want a state oil company to do there own drilling and development?

I don't agree that other oil companies are envious. Russia has shown it will reneg on deals, over and over. Do you think the oligopolies in Russia will let a Western company get rich? Fat chance. You are dealing with a Mafia controlled state. Would you volunteer to work in a high profile position in a country known for asassinating its enemies?

Last edited:
Shell got royally messed with when they went into Russia - no reason to believe this will be any different .

Historically, and 'dirty' in this context has nothing to do with spills and pollution...

... BP is ready, willing, and skillful at playing dirty - more so than Shell. IMO they have a better chance at succeeding in the games Russia will play.

Originally Posted By: bruno
Shell got royally messed with when they went into Russia - no reason to believe this will be any different .

Shell bribed wrong people - that's why they got messed up.
Russians don't tolerate greed btw
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TTK
I believe this deal was shot down by the British Government.

Apparently BP was already in a deal with another company, and that other company has sued in a Swedish court. A decision is expected by the end of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back