Transfer Case Fluid Change NP241

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds like a complete newbie question but here it is. Does anyone know what size socket wrench fits both the drain and filler plugs on a 1994 z71 NP241 transfer case"they are the same size"? I know this seems like a dumb question but the filler and drain plugs are a large odd size. Later models have smaller plugs. I have a good craftsman set but none of my sockets are that large. Its possibly a 30mm or so larger than a one inch. I really can't afford to buy a complete set and want to buy a single piece. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I think they are a 32 or 33mm nut.. hopefully someone else will chime in and back my case..

My plan is to go to Sears and purchase one individual. I just want to make sure I get the right size if I can and will by a set if I have too. I just hate to purchase tools I most likely won't ever use. I am not sure if the plugs have every been removed so I don't want to try the crescent wrench. I want to be really careful not to strip the head and cause more issues. Thank you to all for the help I really appreciate it. This is a great forum. I posted the same question in a couple of Chevy Truck forums and I get no response at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back