Lexus Genuine Injector Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a friend to the Toyota/Lexus dealership this evening to pick up his brake pads. Whilst I was there, I noticed Genuine Lexus Injector Cleaner in a small black bottle. Part number is 08813-00840. Picture can be found here.

When I asked how much it was, I was told it was the equalivant of $18!
crazy2.gif
It's a 250 ml bottle, good for 97 liters (24 gallons) of gas. There's also a Toyota Injector Cleaner, which specifies it's especially suitable for D-4 engines, but I didn't ask what that one cost. Although the Toyota version was only good for 55 liters (14 gallons).

Just wondering if anybody here has heard of or tried this. I know the Mitsubishi one is a very good with pretty high PEA content. Although even that is a bit pricey at $14.

Get the MSDS for it and you can see the PEA content usually.

I honestly wouldn't bother. We know there are at least 3 off-the-shelf cleaners with high PEA levels so why guess on this stuff?

It could be Chevron Techron concentrated Fuel System cleaner but in a different wrapper.

I've seen some posts where others were going to buy a similar item sold by Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes and it was in the same bottle as the Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System cleaner but just with a different label. The mark up must be mighty high if they can sell these items at such a premium.

IMO...Try and find out who makes the product for Lexus....and what the ingredients are...then do a comparison. You might be surprised to find out that it's the same as Chevron Techron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back