Napa Belden Premium Spark Plug WIres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious here, does anyone know where the Napa Belden Premium wire sets are made? I did search here and Google too. I found lots of opinions and reviews on the Belden wires but could not find any info on where they are made or where Belden is located. I know it's probably not that big of a deal but it's important to me.

Thanks.

I like the blue Belden Max Power Napa wires too. They are the only wires I use and are great quality at a reasonable price. I am just curious where they come from.

Do not know off hand where they are made, I can check the boxes of them I have out in the garage though. Only use those (From Napa)
Have had no trouble!

Hi.

If you are looking at spark plug wires, I have had no-problem experiences with those from Bosch (most are made in Germany) and NGK (the ones I have used are made in Japan).

Have fun!

Belden spark plug wires are a NAPA brand not associated with the Belden wire company and are made by Federal Mogul. You might be able to research Federal Mogul and find out where their wires are made.

Thanks for all the replies. I went on the Federal Mogul website, no mention of Belden wires there. The only ignition wires listed or discussed on the site is Champion wires. Belden is not in the master list of Federal Mogul products either.

I guess it doesn't really matter. My truck is due for a tune-up soon and I will still buy another set of the Napa Belden wires. They are very good wires and I have never had any problems at all with my current set. I was just hoping they were still made here in the USA. I did find out the NGK plugs I plan to use are made in West Virginia.

I will check all the boxes for my new set of plug wires, new distributor cap and rotor button to see if they list the country where they are made.

Thanks for the help here.

The ones I bought about 4 years ago were Made in USA but I have heard some of them have since moved overseas or to Mexico.

I picked up my parts from Napa today after work. I am sad to report that the boxes for my new Belden Max Power plug wires, the Echlin distributor cap and rotor button all say "Made in Mexico" on the side of each box. My NGK plugs are all made in Japan, according to the boxes they came in. At least some NGK plugs are still made in West Virginia.

The tube of Permatex dielectric grease and the new Fel-Pro throttle body gasket I bought were both made here in the USA. I guess I should be glad none of the parts I bought today were made in China. And maybe by buying the Japanese-made NGK plugs it still helps NGK's overall bottom line so maybe my purchase will help an American in West Virginia keep his job at NGK. And even if the Belden wires and Echlin cap and rotor are made in Mexico, the Belden wires are very good quality and so are the Echlin parts. Maybe Belden and Echlin still manufacture at least some parts here in the States too. I hope so.

As bad as the economy is, it's very hard for me to help by buying American if we keep on shipping our jobs and manufacturing to other countries. I just think it's just a very sad situation. These are the parts I need and luckily I have never had any problems with Belden or Echlin, but I sure wish we could help our own economy by buying and using good quality US-made parts.

The new plug wires sure do smell good though.

Jimmy, some Belden/Echlin stuff is still made in America. About a year ago a purchased a cap, rotor, wires from NAPA (for a '93 C/K 1500) and they were indeed made domestically. And they weren't NOS stuff, they were the latest NAPA boxes. I think it's like a lot of things now, some of the product line is made in the US, some not. Kind of a pain when you are trying to source American stuff but it should not take too long by looking online or on the box like you did.

Neither Echlin or Belden spark plug wires manufacture anything, they are NAPA brands and they distribute parts made by other manufacturers. Much of Echlin is made by Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back