Does Cardone Sell Good Remanufactured Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best computer for cars and trucks? Who remanufactures them the best at a good price..We use cardone remanufactured ones here at the shop but we dont do to many we are strictly engine rebuilders...
What does everyone else use i am looking for one for a 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.3 and cant seem to find one..

Took a couple tries to find a good MAF from them, the first one was flaky some of the time and the cores that get turned in, if they pass whatever test they have that very instant, probably get sent right back out.

Why not buy a good used computer on ebay? Could you imagine the flood car cores that must get turned into cardone?

They can't rebuild calipers, what makes you think they can reman an electronic part?

I currently have a 5+ year old rebuilt ECM from Cardone, which I ordered through Rockauto. I ordered the once for an automatic transmission, and sent 2 back due to not having overdrive. I then opened up my failed ECM and found the part number corresponded to the ECM listed for the manual transmission.

I ordered that one, and it is now 5+ years old, and works fine. About 13 months after purchase(one month out of warranty), I started getting a code 53, internal computer error detected, but it does not seem to affect anything, and I've passed 3 Smog tests since.

Auto computer xchange is very bad. Google has a listing for complaints with them. BBB has problems with them also. I almost lost $600 to them. Let me know if you find a good one.

Cardone has a poor track record with everything they reman.
I got into a real go round with a rear wiper motor,4x bad remans in a row.
After all this i bought a Motorcraft new unit and that was the end of the problems.

IMO you would be better with a good used unit or new (not reman) from the dealer,it will cost more but it maybe a lot cheaper in the long run.
Dealers offer reman units also with almost the same lack of reliability as the Cardone

CArdone is one of the worst out there..period.

Anything they make/sell as reman or sometimes new, are, mediocre at best.

I'm staying away from them at all cost.

Q.

Did you check with NAPA and see if they can have your old one rebuilt? We have had to do that at the dealer sometimes on PCMs that are obsolete from Ford.

Originally Posted By: Quest
CArdone is one of the worst out there..period.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Cardone has a poor track record with everything they reman.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
In short, no.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
They can't rebuild calipers, what makes you think they can reman an electronic part?

I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back