Which oil for Kubota L3240 tractor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kubota recommends 30wt, 10w30, or 10w40 diesel rated oil (for my operating temps) with a tbn of at least 10. I will be using amsoil products, but I am unable to decide which oil would be best- ACD 10w30/30wt, HDD 5w30, or DEO 5w40. All input is appreciated
cheers.gif
Does anybody have experience with amsoil in these sweet little tractors?

Is that the little 3 cylinder diesel? My dad has one of those. They are nice little tractors. 4x4 with a loader, yet to get it stuck.

I believe he uses SuperTech 15w40, or Mystik 15w40.

Of those options I would pic ACD. From what I have read is an extremely robust oil. I bet Pablo recommends it too.
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply and yes, it is the three cylinder diesel- 34hp. We just picked it up 2 weeks ago, but after it is broken-in, its getting synthetic oil. I too was leaning toward the ACD, but wanted some input from the experts here on BITOG.

yours is a little newer than ours. I believe ours puts out 17hp. still a tough little tractor

I have the Kubota 3430; the next step up in the previous generation, but very similar. I currently am running 10w-30 Rotella. I am trying to decide if I want to stick with the 10w-30, or switch to the 5w-40 Synthetic. I only change oil once a year as I average less then 70 hours per year on it.

Overall, if you're going to use an Amsoil product (premium stuff), then I would consider the 10w-30 or 15w-40, based on the expected temp range, and how ofter you expect to change it per year. Either way, I don't think the oil you choose will make much if any difference in the life of your tractor; that thing will probably be running when you expire.

My Kubota's (MX5000 and GR2100) both love the Amsoil S3000 5w-30. A cheaper alternative, that also works very well, is Schaeffer's 9000 5w-40. In fact, the 'Botas run quieter on it than the Amsoil. The only reason I went back to the full-syn stuff was that both of my tractors are run hard for hours at a time. This causes some oil consumption on anything but a full synthetic oil.
Note: Mobil's Turbo Diesel Truck also works well in these engines, but the engines start easier on the Amsoil.

I have the L3940, bought around August 2009. I did a UOA at 18 hours (10w-30 factory fill), and a UOA at 50 hours (Mobil 1 5w-40). I am currently around 90 hours, still with Mobil 1 5w-40. Philip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back