Need help with pcv location on 2004 Toyo Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured since the brake booster line is really hard to access, id remove the engine plate to access the pcv valve. But alas after removal i could not see it anywhere or anything that resembles a pcv valve. Anyone know where it might be or could show me with a picture?

Thanks

On the RX330 ( which I think has the same engine, the Toyota 3MZ-FE) the PCV is under the left most intake runner, as you are looking at the car. Right under the left intake runner there is a black tube which runs to the cylinder head. That's it.

If it is a 1mz-fe it is on the passenger side behind the engine cover which you needn't remove to get at the valve.

The 2004 Sienna uses the 3MZFE motor.
2003 (which I have) was the last year for the 1MZFE in the Sienna
I looked the PCV valve up on Rockauto and at toyotapartszone, and you have a metal one that screws into the REAR valve cover on the passenger side.

If you go to www.toyotapartszone.com and enter your vehicle information in (I highly recommend you use your VIN when buying parts as it will give you the most correct parts for YOUR vehicle).
Select "Tool/Engine/Fuel"
Then Select "ventilation hose"
Above the actual parts list there will be a "(301-)3MZFE Get-Ino tab Click on that and "open" to get a drawing, which will show the location of the PCV valve in the rear valve cover.

On my 1MZFE motor, which is similar, the PCV valve is kind of hard to see and get at.

If you plan on hanging onto your vehicle....and since you are asking about the PCV valve, you must do some work on your own, I would bookmark that website.
REASON?....they have by FAR the best parts diagrams that I have found anywhere.
Their website is sometimes kind of hard to use to find a specific part, but those drawings are a really big help in locating and knowing you have the CORRECT part because you can reference the drawing to the part.

No pics sorry. My'02 has the PCV passenger side rear of the engine cover. Plastic elbow type and it pushes into a grommet.

On my 2003 Sienna with the 1MZFE motor.
Little arrow points to the PCV valve.
2003 uses the metal one that screws into the rear valve cover....passenger side.
Kind of hard to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back