O'Reillys sells Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a recent thread where a member noticed this. I think it's AMSOIL's newer line of oil. OE maybe? Not sure. But I think it's possibly store dependent whether they do carry it or not. I need to check my local store.

Well, I called and they do sell it now. My cars are older, and the savings I would see is not having to crawl under my car as often. My only concern is that my oldest car just began using HM oil. I researched Amsoil and found that they have the same seal conditioners in theirs as do the HM oils available at Wal-Mart and all other supply stores. And since my vehicles fall under severe service, I could go 15k or 6 months. Just sort of scares me to know that my oil will be black as night after 4 months, so I need to be 100% sure I could go 6 months otherwise I’d be wasting my money.

I feel that is a smart move and a dumb move.

Smart because I've always been reluctant to buy it based on its what appears to be multi-level marketing. [don't flame if its not. Just how it looks to me].

Dumb because it could possibly cannibalize their distributer's sales. Also, if its a lower grade people might not 'get' the hype and never try the better stuff.

All that aside ive always wanted to try it but never taken the leap.

I haven't worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts in about 10 years. But we had Amsoil.

We didn't get it from the Seagoville Distribution Center. We got it from a supplier in East Texas. We had a commercial account that would buy about 20 cases a month (which is a nice $$$ sale even if there is little or no profit on it. It still contributes to your monthly ticket average)

Sometimes they didn't order the full 20 cases so we had surplus. The dragracers and circle track guys would usually buy whatever we had leftover. I don't know if it was for their race cars or tow vehicles, but they bought it.

I'm suprised it took O'Reilly this long to start stocking it at other stores.

Previous Thread on Amsoil at O'Reilly

Quote:
1. O’Reilly Auto has gone through several phases regarding their allowing individual store registration with AMSOIL. For a long time it was allowed and stores throughout North America carried AMSOIL. As O’Reilly began growing by opening new stores and buying other existing auto parts chains their need and desire to consolidate their product offering increased. The result of this was the removal of AMSOIL from almost all their stores.

a. In the years following this some local stores have gone against the corporation’s wishes, with some registering and others just purchasing AMSOIL locally. Individually registered accounts were allowed under the 12+ Store policy.

2. During their expansion phase O’Reilly purchased a medium sized auto parts chain that was a 12+ grandfathered AMSOIL account. In an effort to help the AMSOIL Dealer maintain that account AMSOIL worked with O’Reilly to maintain those stores and continue to carry AMSOIL. These stores are located in the mid-west and we have an agreement on limiting the relationship to only those stores.

a. As part of our agreement O’Reilly has asked AMSOIL to not accept any registrations for other stores outside of this group and we are honoring this request.

b. Some of the other individual stores outside of the purchased chain that were registered with AMSOIL before this are still registered and purchasing AMSOIL. This is acceptable under the 12+ Store policy.

Originally Posted By: Kaie
I feel that is a smart move and a dumb move.

Smart because I've always been reluctant to buy it based on its what appears to be multi-level marketing. [don't flame if its not. Just how it looks to me].

Dumb because it could possibly cannibalize their distributer's sales. Also, if its a lower grade people might not 'get' the hype and never try the better stuff.

even the guy that walks your dog is a "dealer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back