700r4 tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone well i serviced my tranny today new fluid and filter what a pain that was had to take off crossmember, anyways drove the truck about 200 miles back home got off the highway would hardly shift would go up to 3500 rpm before shifting out of first 2000 rpm is the norm 2 nd to 3 rd was hard also pulled over tranny was exactly quart low topped it up still shifted really hard for awile after driving for awile its a little better but not the way it was and it somewhat bangs when u put it into drive or reverse im hoping i did not ruin this tranny it shifts fine into overdrive though any thoughts

WELL THIS TRUCK HAS 170000 MILES ON IT ORIGANAL TRANNY AND BADLY NEGLECTED over yrs there was a lot of material stuck to magnet in pan fluid was brownish red se we changed it 5 qts advance auto parts dex 3 fluid and worked like usual until i got off highway then acted up still shifts hard but better than it was after i added qt of fluid fluid was pretty warm almost hot hope i did not ruin it lol

Did you mess with the throttle cable at all?

TH700's are kind of known to be a bit harsh when putting them in D and especially R.

How's your idle speed?

no did not mess with that like was working fine till 200 mile trip only problem i had with it before is as soon as it shifts into drive torque converter kicks in to early lugging the engine really annoying but i have gotten used to that but always shifted okay besides that

yeah i was told that for the other problem but been like that since i had it but now it shifts late which started after i found out some tranny fluid leaked out im probaly going to be stuck having to rebuild it anyways hopefully not we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back