Amsoil at O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: flyingtoaster

I know you don't have to answer this, but why doesn't the O'Reilly corporation want Amsoil products in their stores?

It's actually right there:

Quote:
As O’Reilly began growing by opening new stores and buying other existing auto parts chains their need and desire to consolidate their product offering increased.

Just too many SKU's.

Murry's always carried Amsoil. I bet Oreilys is carrying it now because they purchased all of the Murry's auto parts stores.

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
Not exactly related, but i sold dixie chopper lawnmowers a while back, and dixie chopper and Lucas oil is tight, both with heavy indiana ties, and the son of the owner of lucas lives 1 county away, i had the pleasure of meeting him, so i asked him how was walmart getting lucas oil?...his response....theyve gotta be bootlegging it somehow, as lucas doesnt sell to wm...

Bootlegging means making unauthorized copies or unauthorized production. Lucas knows who is selling to Wal-Mart. Lucas should have control numbers on their bottles. They can trace where WM got their product. It seems a lot of companies want to claim ignorance when Wal-mart has their product on the shelf. Royal Purple comes to mind.

P.S. None of the Kragen/O'Reilly stores around here carry Amsoil.

Last edited:
Pablo, what do you sell (pick up at your house) price for a quart of 5w30 non oe or xl?

I have been concerned with this since GI Joes in the NorthWest...bet O'Riley's bought the chain? and that is what Amsoil has allowed plus ??? with O'Rileys's...can you sell it for the same $8.97 from your door and absorb the shipping.

Or are you an over $ 5,000 dollar purchase for free shipping kinda guy? This will be a concern for dealers whom are life time dealers and contract law...uhmmmm!

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Pablo, what do you sell (pick up at your house) price for a quart of 5w30 non oe or xl?

I have been concerned with this since GI Joes in the NorthWest...bet O'Riley's bought the chain? and that is what Amsoil has allowed plus ??? with O'Rileys's...can you sell it for the same $8.97 from your door and absorb the shipping.

Or are you an over $ 5,000 dollar purchase for free shipping kinda guy? This will be a concern for dealers whom are life time dealers and contract law...uhmmmm!

I sell for less than $8/qt for ASL/ATM.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
can you sell it for the same $8.97 from your door and absorb the shipping.

I know if a person was ordering 6qts I would definitely sell at that price from my door or to theirs.

i dont have an issue of what amsoil is, but seriously, everybodys a "dealer", to me there enlies the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back